• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

error code 30 low oil pressure

Error code 30 = oil pressure
Even if its full of oil.
Oil pump fail?
But, can't see how you could cool it and ride it multi times without an oil pump. Did it seem to keep good power after the second or third cool down?
Or was it a total limp.
I'd never want to see code 30.

You should have stuck to the stock yamaha oil and filter. By trying to save a few dollars on oil and a filter you have just cost yourself a lot of money. I know others that have done the same thing you have. Their machines have trouble starting in cold weather and the cheaper filtlers are what you expect cheap and not designed for the machine. I have owned two nytros and have always used the stock oil and filters with no problems to date. Sorry about the bad luck....hope you get it running and back on the trail.....Good luck :4STroke:

cacsrx1 said:
He said the thing is full of oil.......why does everybody think this is oil related?????????
Not to sound ike a broken record, but Mach9 is right. When my engine blew, it was still almost full of oil. Dry sump engines REQUIRE oil pressure. Oil on these engines actually runs through the center of the crank and the oil is dispursed through ports at the connecting rods. without oil "pressure" the oil never makes it to the connecting rods or anything else for that matter.

SIKEWARD, I would still check the bottom side of your engine. I didn't think I hit anything down below either. And I cant stress enough to get rid of that aftermarket WIX filter. It's only going to bite ya!

Good luck!

I hear what you are saying about the filter and oil but what you are telling me is that when it is time to change the oil on my car I am required to take it to the dealer or the motor will blow up. I don't buy that. WIX is a great brand of filters and probably makes the yamaha one for them, jk, but I highly doubt they are a lessor quality filter than yamaha. Same with the oil Mobile 1? This isn't like I put super tech in it. Tell yamaha not to gouge me on their filter or oil and I'll use it.

When I get the sled back I will pull the panels off and check for impact damage. Double o-ring. I'll check that too but I'm not losing oil I'm losing coolant.

As for power I was just trying to make it back I was only going 30mph but everything felt normal related to power. The only noise I heard sounded like a clicking noise that changed with the engine rpms. Best example I can give is like a baseball card in a wheel.

Something strange for sure.
Can't say why code 30 came up when only losing coolant.
I sure hope you find a solution and your dealer is kind.

I don't think he is talking about the QUALITY of the filter but the LENTH. The WIX filter is a whisker longer and will rub on the skid pan. I tried one also.

STAIN said:
I don't think he is talking about the QUALITY of the filter but the LENTH. The WIX filter is a whisker longer and will rub on the skid pan. I tried one also.

There are two filters(wix ones) that will fit, one is longer than the other, using the shorter one is almost identical to stock.

SIKEWARD said:
I hear what you are saying about the filter and oil but what you are telling me is that when it is time to change the oil on my car I am required to take it to the dealer or the motor will blow up. I don't buy that. WIX is a great brand of filters and probably makes the yamaha one for them, jk, but I highly doubt they are a lessor quality filter than yamaha. Same with the oil Mobile 1? This isn't like I put super tech in it. Tell yamaha not to gouge me on their filter or oil and I'll use it.

When I get the sled back I will pull the panels off and check for impact damage. Double o-ring. I'll check that too but I'm not losing oil I'm losing coolant.

As for power I was just trying to make it back I was only going 30mph but everything felt normal related to power. The only noise I heard sounded like a clicking noise that changed with the engine rpms. Best example I can give is like a baseball card in a wheel.

I'm talking about the qulity. The bottom of the stock filter does not hang below the bottom frame brace. This allows the rib on the belly pan to hit the frame brace before the filter in the case of impact. The WIX replacement filter I got from Oreilly's auto parts hung at least 1" lower causing it to sit below the frame brace and come in contact with the belly pan rib. I've attached a photo of the filter impact damage and the hole in the bottom of my block.

I'm not saying that this is your issue. I'm just saying that it's worth checking out. Mine had no sign of oil loss either.

Attachments

• Motor - Oil Filter2.JPG Compressed.JPG
    Motor - Oil Filter2.JPG Compressed.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Motor - Case.JPG Compressed.JPG
    Motor - Case.JPG Compressed.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 116
Nuke thanks for the post. I m pretty sure that I have the shorter wix filter but you know before I take it in I will just put a yamaha one on just to avoid any headache. That is amazing the hole in the bottom of your engine.

I would recommend to everyone to dremel out/off that rib under the filter the next time they pull the stock belly pan off.

canoehead said:
I would recommend to everyone to dremel out/off that rib under the filter the next time they pull the stock belly pan off.

I recommend next time the lower plastic pos is off you throw it right in the garbage where it belongs and get a real skid plate, Roest plate can take a beating...

Yamaha should take a lesson from him how to build an actual protective plate especially with the choice to locate the oil filter directly above it. :Rockon:

Back