• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

error code 30 low oil pressure

That kind of work is fine over the summer, but mid winter that sucks. Good luck with it!

You still need to remove one of cast aluminum side frames, the chaincase side was my choice. Kinda hard to hold the motor in place then.... May as well pull the motor now.

Roest said:
Jim, take the body plastic off the front in order to remove the engine skid plate on bottom of sled. Oil pressure switch is located on the rear of the engine block on the left (clutch) side. It has a single wire harness. It's to the left of the oil filter.....can't miss it. The harness that goes from the oil pressure switch travels upwards to a single connector plug that comes out of the main harness at the top left of the valve cover area.

thanks for the info! BTW I have a Roest plate :) With regard to oil path, a previous poster said the oil filter was before the pump. It would make sense for the OP switch to be after - can anyone confirm? It seems logical that if the oil filter became plugged somehow that would cause low OP. My sled is at the dealer waiting on a replacement switch - wiring OK.

Roest said:
Jim, take the body plastic off the front in order to remove the engine skid plate on bottom of sled. Oil pressure switch is located on the rear of the engine block on the left (clutch) side. It has a single wire harness. It's to the left of the oil filter.....can't miss it. The harness that goes from the oil pressure switch travels upwards to a single connector plug that comes out of the main harness at the top left of the valve cover area.

thanks for the info! BTW I have a Roest plate :) With regard to oil path, a previous poster said the oil filter was before the pump. It would make sense for the OP switch to be after - can anyone confirm? It seems logical that if the oil filter became plugged somehow that would cause low OP. My sled is at the dealer waiting on a replacement switch - wiring OK.

JimPSI said:
Roest said:

The previous poster was mistaken. I have a bare block in the shop that shows flow path plain as day.

I took and did a cyl compression check tonight. I got a range of 120 - 125 psi on each cyl. I spoke with a friend today who thought they should be around 170 and the service manual says 213 psi @ sea level is standard. What am I missing. It doesn't make sense all 3 cyl are so close to one another.

Thanks for asking. she is all put back together. Did about 80 miles of trail riding ran good, good power, etc. however I let the oil sit for about a week or two in an uncovered pan in ths garage and when I finally went to clean up my mess there was grit in the bottom of the pan. I need to figure out if these are metal shaving or just dirt from the garage

SIKEWARD said:
Thanks for asking. she is all put back together. Did about 80 miles of trail riding ran good, good power, etc. however I let the oil sit for about a week or two in an uncovered pan in ths garage and when I finally went to clean up my mess there was grit in the bottom of the pan. I need to figure out if these are metal shaving or just dirt from the garage
Run a magnet through it. Are you running synthetic or conventional oil?

SIKEWARD said:

If you still have the oil filter cut it open and check for shavings.

Back