• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

error code 30 low oil pressure

I'm feeling the pain part already. It is held in by 10 rivets and 2 screws that are all hard to get to. I see even the subframe has to come out in order to reach everything. I'm thinking this is beyond repair the stud ripped a 6" vertical gash in it.

That is the easy problem. The hard one is there is also oil all over the front of the engine and I can't seem to figure out where it is coming from. The oil tank is low to there is quite a bit of it so it is leaking somewhere. It doesn't appear to be the oil filter. I hope to get a better view of it once I get the subframe out.

I'm wondering if your engine heated up enough to warp something, like the cylinder head and the oil is coming from there.

Did you tip it on it's side? Check your airbox and see if it's full if oil. Good luck

both ideas are probable. I did tip the sled on its right side to look at the underside on the trail however it was the right side and all I did was have another guy balance it for me so it wasn't all the way tipped. Once the baby goes down for a nap I'm going out to check the air box.

I sure hope I didn't warp anything!!!

Once I get the damaged heat exchanger out I will post a picture of it.

I got mine so hot last year after an antifreeze leak it melted the oil sensor wire against the block running down the clutch side and threw the same code as you would just shut down . fixed the wire and back in business. I was pretty scared i damaged the engine at first.

nytrose said:
I got mine so hot last year after an antifreeze leak it melted the oil sensor wire against the block running down the clutch side and threw the same code as you would just shut down . fixed the wire and back in business. I was pretty scared i damaged the engine at first.

Funny you mentioned that. I was just about to post my thoughts on the Code 30. This code will latch if the oil pressure switch circuit finds a ground while the engine is running. This can happen a few ways.

1. Oil pressure drops below about 5 PSI (oil pressure switch closes) while engine is running. (not likely)
2. Oil pressure switch fails (closes) while engine is running. (not likely)
3. Oil pressure switch wire grounds out (wears through or melts to ground) somewhere.

Scenario #3 is most likely. Since this occurred after overheating several times there is a spot at the rear left side of the engine head (behind secondary clutch) where this single wire can get damaged.

I am going to check that out tonight when I get back out there to mess with it some more. Thanks for the tip I got a chance to look in the air box and sure enough there was oil in it. So At least I know how the oil escaped from the engine. I don't know if it is from tipping it on its side or from the over heating.

SIKEWARD said:
I am going to check that out tonight when I get back out there to mess with it some more. Thanks for the tip I got a chance to look in the air box and sure enough there was oil in it. So At least I know how the oil escaped from the engine. I don't know if it is from tipping it on its side or from the over heating.

Probably from tipping it on its side, and not from overheating. Priced a heat exchanger yet?

It's common on these sleds for the airbox to be wet with oil , especially after top end running. I put a stud in the heat exchanger last year, and just welded it with the track removed, and that worked well. I dont't see why you need to remove it.

I got a used one on ebay for $150 shipped this morning. The one I have is not salvageable. The stud must have been flapping on the track because it tore the heat exchanger from top to bottom. BTW how do I remove the track? ANybody have any pictures or a link?

I know I saw one for sale on fleabay from a Quebec seller.

Glad to find this thread. Got an Error 30 today - no fluids leaking, oil full. Did get an overheat warning early in the ride - trails were hardpack - no lube. Stopped each time. We were breaking trail later. At the time of the error, it would re-start then quit after a few seconds. My buddy towed me out. When I came back to pick up the sled it started, warmed up, and I drove it onto the trailer. My dealer suggested faulty OP switch. A previous post mentioned wiring.

Where exactly is the OP switch?

2009 XTX, Roest plate, HyGear springs

Jim, take the body plastic off the front in order to remove the engine skid plate on bottom of sled. Oil pressure switch is located on the rear of the engine block on the left (clutch) side. It has a single wire harness. It's to the left of the oil filter.....can't miss it. The harness that goes from the oil pressure switch travels upwards to a single connector plug that comes out of the main harness at the top left of the valve cover area.

Back