• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

error code 30 low oil pressure

Zakre said:
I recommend next time the lower plastic pos is off you throw it right in the garbage where it belongs and get a real skid plate, Roest plate can take a beating...

Yamaha should take a lesson from him how to build an actual protective plate especially with the choice to locate the oil filter directly above it. :Rockon:

X2!!! THe stock skid plate isn't a complete POS though. It does make a good...umm....yeah I got nothing. Throw it away. Get a Roest.

Not sure why everyone is stuck on the skid plate thing since its full of oil? My guess is you blew a gasket somewhere thats pumping the anti-freeze out from combustion of the engine(head gasket) or crack head or block. Mistake to keep limping it home because you may have run the anti-freeze down and in that situation it will take more heat in the block to set the sensor off. No hot liquid against the sensor. Draining the oil may help to indentify for sure no coolant is in the oil. Get it to the dealer to have it checked out. Situations like this its best just to tow it home after the first warning from the ecu. Reason why I say best to tow it home was because of the sight of anti-freeze and temp light on.

I would check it over for the obvious stUff pull plastics. Check antifreeze levels etc. it's not uncommon for nytros to overheat and I have done the same thing as you multiple times. You don't tow the sled home because the heat light came on. The dealer will charge you to do this and you could find the obvious at home free of charge.

Maybe you damaged the oil pressure switch wires well trying to remove the old filter with the filter wrench and it took awhile for it to loose continuity. Maybe oil was superheated causing a viscosity change enough for the sensor to detect
And if you pull plastics and see a hole In block yoh just saved yourself the trip and mOney for diagnosis from the dealer

Just me thinking out load. Would hate to bring it to the dealer and them be like no yoh idiot theirs to o rings on the filter. That will be 95 bucks

kilometers said:
Just me thinking out load. Would hate to bring it to the dealer and them be like no yoh idiot theirs to o rings on the filter. That will be 95 bucks

I said this already in the thread, I think hes still in the process of checking things out to find out whats going on.

People are not stuck on the plate either, just pointing out the areas of weakness, if the filter got bumped you might not even be able to tell since the plate is plastic and might just go right back to normal.

The filter could be restricting the flow somehow but that would increase the pressure of oil on the "in side" and decrease the pressure on the "out side". I am not familiar with the direction of oil flow in the nytro is the pump before the filter or after? If its before a banged up filter could restrict flow to the oil pump, if it is after the pump maybe the filter is faulty and the pump is not able to get the correct volume of oil through the filter causing a low pressure on the downstream? Lots of possible problems, I have had my temp light come on before but never stay on or come back on once I found some snow.

Zakre said:
kilometers said:

I said this already in the thread, I think hes still in the process of checking things out to find out whats going on.

People are not stuck on the plate either, just pointing out the areas of weakness, if the filter got bumped you might not even be able to tell since the plate is plastic and might just go right back to normal.

The filter could be restricting the flow somehow but that would increase the pressure of oil on the "in side" and decrease the pressure on the "out side". I am not familiar with the direction of oil flow in the nytro is the pump before the filter or after? If its before a banged up filter could restrict flow to the oil pump, if it is after the pump maybe the filter is faulty and the pump is not able to get the correct volume of oil through the filter causing a low pressure on the downstream? Lots of possible problems, I have had my temp light come on before but never stay on or come back on once I found some snow.

The filter before the pump. It would take a lot for the filter to be plugged. There is a lot of surface area in a oil filter for the oil to travel through. I would say the if it is an oil issue, either he has a pressure leak somewhere or somthing wrong with the oil pump itself. Like you said though, there are lots of possibilities. :exc:

It is best to take the bottom of the sled apart and see if anything is obviously wrong there. On the oil side of things, check the wiring going to the oil pressure switch. It could also be a faulty oil pressure switch. If the wiring and switch are good and there isn't some sort of computer funkiness going on, then there is something really wrong. The oil pressure switch actuates at a very low pressure. That's when I would break out the oil pressure test gauge. As far as oil filters go, as long as you buy a quality filter, you will be fine. I run the Wix Gold 1358 which is 3/4" longer than the Nytro OEM. I can get away with it because my Roest skid plate offers more clearance. The OEM "engine protector" is a joke in construction and the way it's fastened. I've stopped counting the number of people who have told me they've looked under their sleds and realized the OEM piece is missing.

Can I just ask did you check the fuse for the fan on the radiator. This fuse is right by the right foot in the small fuse box by the chain case. On my 08 RTX I blew this fuse like 4 times I then put in a 15 instead of the stock 10 fuse. Anyways if this fuse is blown and the fan doesn't work your sled is gonna over heat just like you described. I would check this first. I don't know what to say about the 30 code. If it is fine now then just run it unless that code comes up again.

stud or ice though the heat exchanger?over heated and caused the low oil pressure senser to activate?

00-NUKE said:
Zakre said:
kilometers said:

The filter before the pump. It would take a lot for the filter to be plugged. There is a lot of surface area in a oil filter for the oil to travel through. I would say the if it is an oil issue, either he has a pressure leak somewhere or somthing wrong with the oil pump itself. Like you said though, there are lots of possibilities. :exc:

The filter is after the pump flow wise. That is why it is imperative to prevent damage to the filter. If the filter starts leaking and the engine is operating at higher rpms, you can kiss the rod bearings goodbye. The oil pressure switch will only shut things down if oil pressure drops below about 4 PSI.

The radiator is a good idea. I just had a friend pick the sled up and bring it back down last night. I only way to get it out of the garage and onto his trailer was to start it. I wasn't there was he started it but he said there is no error codes flashing but the engine light is on and it won't idle. If you take your hand off the throttle it dies. Hopefully tonight I can take some time and check a few things over. I want to get her back to stock and down to the dealer by thursday.

Which dealer do you go to Sikeward? I'm up in Freeport at the gf's all the time. Bought my Phazer from Gieson down in Rock Falls and they seemed top notch.

in my opinion a skid plate on any sled or quad is a must. but in this cercumstance where he's blowing antifreeze out...thats just screaming head gasket all over it. compression is pressurizing the antifreeze, and oil is lost through the head gasket. just happened to our 1995 6.5 turbo diesel.

got the sled home tonight and up in the air. I found a stud in the heat exchanger. Oil and coolant must pass through it ? Anybody have any ideas as to how to remove it? How much a new one costs? Any tips or advice?

Only coolant going through it. It's a pain to change. You might be able to get it TIG welded shut? Got a pic of the damage?

Back