• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Donut Replacement Procedure

Been there done that... I work alone mostly so I drained the fuel out via clear hose.. PIA.. but works. You must of plugged the ends and hauled it off. Check the flex pipes well for cracking very common on higher mileage machines.. fools you into thinking donuts. They crack around the folds for flex. Easy to take them off and reinstall.. You can use the old gasket but for a few bucks I always install a new one. And you don't have to drill rivets out etc.

Been there done that... I work alone mostly so I drained the fuel out via clear hose.. PIA.. but works. You must of plugged the ends and hauled it off. Check the flex pipes well for cracking very common on higher mileage machines.. fools you into thinking donuts. They crack around the folds for flex. Easy to take them off and reinstall.. You can use the old gasket but for a few bucks I always install a new one. And you don't have to drill rivets out etc.

Which gasket? Do you have a PN? Well it may be the flex pipes or the donuts, I am not sure. I haven't taken the tank off yet as I had to start work for the day. I just bought the sled and noticed a loud rattling that wasn't the clutch coming from the front of the tunnel. Sled has 5000 miles. I figured I'd go ahead and drop in copper donuts. Maybe I'll do the flex pipes and gaskets as well.

Gasket, Exhaust Pipe, 8GL-14613-00-00?

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/p/yamaha/8gl-14613-00-00/gasket-exhaust-pipe

Yes ...
GASKET, EXHAUST PIPE
8GL-14613-00-00 ... also I don't fool around and always buy this one too..(besides copper donuts)
GASKET, MUFFLER
8FA-14714-10-00
by Yamaha

I did the donuts as well on my wifes 2010 RS Vector LTX .. almost the same as the Attaks I've done.. the best tip I can give you is to use heat on all those exhaust bolts from the flex pipes to the bracket bolt down stream of it. Good chance they can strip or break off. Ask me how I know..learned my lesson ... I use the Mapp /02 combo bought at Home depot cheap enough and saved my butt many times. Get's the bolts cherry red.

I did the donuts as well on my wifes 2010 RS Vector LTX .. almost the same as the Attaks I've done.. the best tip I can give you is to use heat on all those exhaust bolts from the flex pipes to the bracket bolt down stream of it. Good chance they can strip or break off. Ask me how I know..learned my lesson ... I use the Mapp /02 combo bought at Home depot cheap enough and saved my butt many times. Get's the bolts cherry red.

I am probably just going to use the engine forward tilt method to not even have to worry about the bolts.

I am probably just going to use the engine forward tilt method to not even have to worry about the bolts.

I guess you feel the Flex pipes are good.. If the engine was quiet then they probably are.. Can't inspect them unless you take them off.

Good point. I'll have to see what I am working with once I get the tank off this weekend. Waiting on the donuts which come Monday. I do have a butane torch, impact wrench, and penetrant so I think I should be able to resolve the issue either way.

I can tell you I can't remember exactly how I did the wifes Vector but it was very similar to the Attaks I've done. And I don't remember if I had to remove the flex pipes on it like you do on the Attaks to get the pips out. Which is easy to do. Bolts come right out always with no heat and Torque easy. I used a 3/8" swivel at the socket on the Attaks. If you take the Flex pipes off mark each one were you got it from turn them over and over looking closely at the flex area rings for any signs of cracking.

Does anyone know the size and thread coarseness for the exhaust hanger bolts? One is already rounded. Rear engine mount bolt looks too complicated to remove. Going to run out in the AM to replace it preemptively.

I believe they are M6-1.0. I have one apart and can check it in the morning to make sure.

Did you get a chance to look? Heading out this morning. 8 inches of snow here in Wisconsin and still snowing! Lake effect snow doesn't seem to stop :) Trails may open Saturday :)

Yes, They are 8mm 1.25 thread not m6 1.0. The 4 bolts that hold the muffler in place are the same size.

Yes, They are 8mm 1.25 thread not m6 1.0. The 4 bolts that hold the muffler in place are the same size.
Guys I am a newbie to this forum , but I just picked up a 2006 Nytro that I am cleaning up and going over to use this winter, only 3000 miles on it but I realized the exhaust donuts were gone. I have pulled off the seat, tank and cover above the exhaust flanges and the 2 of the donuts are definitely gone. I am replacing all of them with the updated copper donuts. My question is and don't laugh, if I drill out the rivets on the bracket to back up the mufflers do I need to drop the track to get the bracket riveted back in place with new rivets. I have yet to drop the track and I don't want to get to far ahead of myself with this maintenance project.

Back