• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

extra wheels

Has anyone put these on an XTX yet? I get my sled back this Friday and am looking for some ideas for placement on the 141"

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Cat 6639-184 wheel kit vs the Cat 6639-808 wheel kit? Looking to add a inside set on my LTX skid.

184 has larger bolts(i think you might drill the holes to accommodate the bolts). 808 has the smaller bolts like the stock ones on my LTX. I bought the 184 but will be buying the 808. I am also considering the Wahl brothers mentioned by some of the guys on here. A big thanks to all the guys that share info on the site. Has helped me very much......

Thanks, I got the 808 kit this week and added to the inside of the skid, perfect fit. Also just received the Wahl Brothers wheel kit also, went with 3.25 rubber wheels, nice kit. Have to let them know you want a custom kit not the standard quad kit.

Thanks, I got the 808 kit this week and added to the inside of the skid, perfect fit. Also just received the Wahl Brothers wheel kit also, went with 3.25 rubber wheels, nice kit. Have to let them know you want a custom kit not the standard quad kit.
Where do the Wahls go? Have a pic? How much $?

Page 4 of the thread has a photo that Yamahatim posted. The kit replaces the limiter strap shaft. I went 3.25 rubber wheel. Cannon I’ll text you a photo to use. I can’t seem to get it to work. Also note you will have to drill out the bolt hole for the larger bolt provided with the kit.

Last edited:
0CC92F04-0AD2-4A84-8501-C09DA9E9A963.jpeg Did install this morning, you will have to drill the skid holes larger, 7/16 bit was what I used.

View attachment 135013 Did install this morning, you will have to drill the skid holes larger, 7/16 bit was what I used.
That is slick! I don't get much slide wear but when I do from running ice or low snow that should cover the only area it happens. Way back I tried the Hyfax saver wheels Yamaha has always offered. Real small dia and broke one right away. These are a much better design.

That is slick! I don't get much slide wear but when I do from running ice or low snow that should cover the only area it happens. Way back I tried the Hyfax saver wheels Yamaha has always offered. Real small dia and broke one right away. These are a much better design.
Not sure if I missed the part number in this thread. Do you have a list of parts you needed to do the install and what year and model sled is that photo?
Thanks

Mike,
You have to asked them for a custom quad kit to get the 2 outside the rail wheels. I ordered wrong kit first time, I called and told them exactly what I wanted and was all set. It’s a 2016, LTX-LE. They have 2 options for wheels,plastic and rubber. See page 4 of thread, YamahaTim has photo of his also.

Mike,
You have to asked them for a custom quad kit to get the 2 outside the rail wheels. I ordered wrong kit first time, I called and told them exactly what I wanted and was all set. It’s a 2016, LTX-LE. They have 2 options for wheels,plastic and rubber. See page 4 of thread, YamahaTim has photo of his also.
;)!

Back