• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

extra wheels

Oh right on, I looked a lot at it and I think if the wheels are on the inside they will hit. That's why I put them on the outside. But mine are not right in front of the rear wheels. Thanks for that though! I went riding again today and it really helped. I don't get any sticky feeling! I very happy with what I did. Works really well for anyone that wants to do what I did. But you will have to pay me for my design! :drink:

It's from wahl bros. but not a anti stab kit. I had them build me the kit I used. The anti stab kit would go all the way forward. No need for that. It would not help with my problem. Mine is wearing right in front of the first set of outside wheels. I put 3 1/4 wheels where the straps go. That's close enough to the area that I'm having problems and now the hyfax barely touches the track. Now I'm good! Worked perfectly!

this kit says it can replace the stock limiter strap mount. they could have used these axles and gave you the bigger wheels.

Could very well be. All I know is they are real nice and helpful and it works perfect. Glad I did that. I never seen anything that said replace the limiter strap rod and replace it with wheels. When I told him what I wanted he said he could set it up for me, but they don't have anything like that. So he made me what I wanted and I'm happy. No more wear.

2 idler wheel kit

Got my 2 idler wheel kit today. I am done buying wheels so I have to decide where to mount them to benefit my ltx se the most. Inside or out and front middle rear location. I do have a 4 wheel kit so I think I don't need them just ahead of rear wheels. Would like your ideas please. That's why I love this TY website. Thanks ;)!

All depends on where your slides are wearing. Mine were wearing bad 2/3 of the way back on the rails so I added 2 sets of extra wheels back there. They are wearing on the front bend of the rails too so I may get a kit for that area. The kit Tim got from wahl bros looks very nice for that area

I put the extra set of wheels in the middle on the outside. I'm not getting any wear in the back cause of my four wheel kit. It's all in the front. So I think I have it covered. Just look at the pictures that I put on page 3 I think.

wheels

Ya thanks Ive got them memorized over and over. Thanks

Just wondering what snow conditions are you guys are riding on me and my brother have put over 3500 km together on our two LTX SE's and we have minimal slider wear, no spots where they are showing significant signs of wearing. We have over three and a happy of snow here. Maybe that's why our sliders aren't wearing but we did a lot of road running at the beginning of the season and still the sliders did not wear maybe we got special sliders from the factory LOL.

Mine showed minimal wear up until like 500 miles then they started to wear quite bad and I was riding in pretty decent snow most of the time but did a lot of field riding as well. The valving/springs on my sled don't suite me very well and I found it rode better with the springs on medium instead of soft and mine starting wearing hard once I tightened up the suspension. Now with the wheels on it rolls very nicely

I meant 3 1/2 feet of snow here and we are happy it's been awesome!!!

Studroes144 said:
Mine showed minimal wear up until like 500 miles then they started to wear quite bad and I was riding in pretty decent snow most of the time but did a lot of field riding as well. The valving/springs on my sled don't suite me very well and I found it rode better with the springs on medium instead of soft and mine starting wearing hard once I tightened up the suspension. Now with the wheels on it rolls very nicely
That's just funny how these sleds act in different snow conditions I have 1500 km on my sled and I can't believe how little my sliders have wore down.

I don't think it was so much the snow condition as it is the stiff suspension. Mine seems to handle all different snow conditions very well now that I've taken care of the drag on the slides. Went out this weekend in a foot of fresh snow and just riding through fields speedo would read 85mph true speed would be different of course because I'm sure it was spinning but the sled got right on top of the snow and just went. Mealy snow it obviously spins but still performs very well. Hard packed is certainly where it likes it best but that's no different for any trail sled

Back