• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

extra wheels

That seems like the only thing to do up there. No place to drill holes and no other place. That's the only thing I could think of. I got the kit with 4 wheels two in the middle and two on the outside. I can't remember the size I got, but it should be perfect. I have gotten wheels there before and they last really good and pretty cheap. So I'll give it a shot. I think it should work out really well. Maybe after all these wheels and DuPont hyfax with the turbo I should be able to beat the 900 ace. That's the only sled I'm really worried about :-o

Maybe after all these wheels and DuPont hyfax with the turbo I should be able to beat the 900 ace. That's the only sled I'm really worried about :-o[/quote]

Make sure you watch out for that 600 etec too lol looking forward to seeing the pics of the front wheels installed. That kit along with the other wheels should be the ticket to getting this thing to really roll.

Lol....I think we will be good. I'll put pictures ASAP

Thanks for all the great info and part #'s. Ordered two sets of idler kits for my LTX. Already have the 4th wheel kit from J and T products after seeing it in this months SnowTech. I will have a total fo 6 extra wheels in their also! Spent about 270 for all that on ebay.
:Rockon:

Not sure if I helped, but no worries. I have a four wheel kit and I'll have six wheels as well just in different spots. My hyfax is wearing in front. More than the middle and not at all in the rear.

As far as hyfax wear mine are wearing hard in the front and also 2/3 back on the rails. I've added wheels to help these areas but now I'm curious as to what the main cause of hyfax wear is. Talking with a friend yesterday with a base ltx and his rear suspension is noticeably softer and at 1300 miles he has almost no hyfax wear. I think the stiff suspension is causing this. Also the stiff suspension is really hindering the sled to really hook up good. We had 3 vipers together yesterday testing clutching setups. There was the base ltx and then 2 ltx se sleds. Mine and the base ltx have everything set as soft as we could with limiters all the way out. The other se took the plastic holders on the torsion spring and drilled a hole lower in the rails roughly 2 inches lower to soften up suspension. He also had transfer blocks in and limiters pulled up 1 hole and from a dead stop he would get a 2 sled length jump on us every time. The sled did not spin at all where mine and the other ltx would spin hard. Needless to say it was an unbelievable different with just softer suspension. From a roll on it was a toss up every time. All 3 sleds were within 1mph of each other and maybe half a sled length difference in midrange. I personally don't want to drill any holes in my rails to lower the plastic hooks but it love to see if someone has made a mount that just holds the spring lower. The stock plastic ones spun upside down would work but the plastic would be very thin on bottom and I wouldn't trust it for trail riding. Anybody ever seen any type of billet piece that would work for this?

Have never seen that a billet piece. Even on my Nytro I would break them all the time. I guess I have a turbo so I'm not so worried about my take off, with the 1.6 lug ice ripper track mine takes off really well. I would not sacrifice my suspension set up for a better take off. Racing is not my main thing. I want my set up to be set up stiff. I want it to take jumping and handle good in the trails. And unless in boondocking I want it to be stiff. With the wheels that I added with the duponts I should take care of the hyfax wear. And the sticking feeling that I'm getting. I have not ridden it since I put the wheels in yet. Still waiting for the ups guy. Will have it done today. This should make a huge difference! I just can't believe that they don't make a bigger wheel kit for this thing like the Nytro did. It made a huge difference in my Nytro so I assume it will with the Viper.

Did you ever try stiffening the rear a bit, just curious? Is it possible that the rear of the sled is collapsing, putting the weight on the center of the track? Seems odd that most are sure the sled it too stiff, then a couple say it's too soft. Seems like an easy thing to try. One of the locals here is a big guy and went to much stiffer springs and claims it rides 100% better.

sk-rx1 said:
Did you ever try stiffening the rear a bit, just curious? Is it possible that the rear of the sled is collapsing, putting the weight on the center of the track? Seems odd that most are sure the sled it too stiff, then a couple say it's too soft. Seems like an easy thing to try. One of the locals here is a big guy and went to much stiffer springs and claims it rides 100% better.

Mine is set up really stiff, almost all the way up on the front skid shock and torsion springs are set up on the stiffest setting and front shocks are set at 95 psi. My wear is at the front of the skid right in front of the first set of wheels on the outside. But I also have a 1.6 lug track. So in low snow or groomed trails I'm not getting as much lubrication as a 1.25 would. I have 2000 miles and they are wore more than half way. Just in the front. My four wheel kit in back helps and I put another set of wheel in between the last set of wheels and my rear wheels.

sk-rx1 said:

I weigh 230 and with suspension on softest settings I can't bottom it out no matter how big the bumps. With the suspension set up stiffer it takes off the same as with it loose but it's unreal how much extra stress that puts on the skid and in turn makes you loose power and speed. A few days ago I was racing with a buddy who has a viper. I had suspension blocks in middle setting. Could take off with him, mid range he would pull a bit and then top end he would pull me 2 sled lengths. He was running 95mph I was 91mph. Did this a dozen times. Then I turned my blocks to softest setting. My sled launched the same. Mid range we were dead even and too end I pulled away from him 1-2 sled lengths and sled ran 97mph. Just by having the suspension looser I gained 3 sled lengths and 6mph in 1000'. That's why I'm looking to softening the sled up because if trails get really rough and I don't have enough suspension I can still turn up my torsion adjustments

As far as some people saying it's too soft and others saying it's too stiff..to me that's a sign that the sled is set up very well. Everyone has their preference on how they like the sled to ride. I know Tim says he likes his setup stiff so that it's capable of big bump riding and jumping and not so much the smaller stuff. Me personally I'd like it to ride more plush in the smaller stuff and if trails get very bad then I still have the option to just tighten up torsion springs. It's all what the rider is looking for. If 99 people said the suspension was too stiff and 1 said it was too soft then there would be an issue with the sled but I think it's very balanced what people think of the ride so in my opinion that means the viper is setup very well in stock form, just need the fine tuning for your preferance

Here is what i did....

Attachments

• IMG_20140124_174732_095.jpg
    IMG_20140124_174732_095.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 307
Fourth wheel kit

Attachments

• IMG_20140124_174847_600.jpg
    IMG_20140124_174847_600.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 302
all these wheels should help! (BETTER)

Attachments