• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Impressions - SR-Vipers

This is a Cat sled, Cat hand warmers with hi/lo, Cat chain case with reverse. Yamaha said many times they are aware of issues and are working very hard to be sure they are fixed. Yamaha sled will use Yamaha clutches, Cat is still TBD.

A Yamalube sticker on the side cover? Really? Is that all they could come up with? Do we need to remember the name of the 2-stroke oil that we have not used for years? What happened to the 144 track with the 6 degree angles? Remember when turns like a 121 and floats like a 144 was a good thing? Idiots.

i like what i see so far. I have been reading and looking for the past 3.5 hours and the more i look the more i like it.
my biggest issue will be stepping backwards in hp from an apex motor to a nytro motor.
im thinking the ride will more than make up for the loss of hp.
looking forward to the next few days when some real world feed back and pictures from dealers starts getting posted

Ak Yammy said:
From Hcs: New Cats get released next week and the new Catahama will have a turbo available. Just what I heard.
:drink: Wrong.

MUSKIE said:
Ak Yammy said:
From Hcs: New Cats get released next week and the new Catahama will have a turbo available. Just what I heard.
:drink: Wrong.
Didn't write it just quoted and I hope so. If they do put Yam clutches ditch the TCL add the other Yam tweaks AND still have the Turbo Zuk motor on the '14 Cat watch my dust cloud to buy one. Sorry love the new Viper but that will be the one I will buy instead.

If AC puts a turbo on the Nytro motor they win.

Throwing in my 2 cents on this sled. I like the way it looks, hoping its got the power and handling to match. I will wait to ride one before I decide to buy or not... But Yamaha/Cat has taken a page out of Toyota/Subaru in the making of the FRS/BRZ. I own a FRS and they got it right! One of the best cars on the road, so hopefully this sled takes the same path!!!

I think the sled looks amazing!

I own a Nytro and an Apex.

I really like both motors.

My complaint about the Nytro was the top end speed. For 138hp or whatever they are, it was so weird that it wouldnt MPH very well.

I think it was a brick in the wind. Maybe this chasis will cut the air better? also maybe some added ponies? Will soon see.

I will replace my Nytro with this SR.

I say yes please, I wanted a cat but didn't like the motor choices so a yamaha motor in a light weight cat chassis is exactly what I have been waiting for.

I like the viper, I think the AC chassis with Yamaha drive train will rock on the trail and the race circuit. I am ready to trade or sell my current sled, but I do have some concerns with TRF quality control. Time will tell, especially if I purchase one. Extended warranty please.
Thanks Yamaha I like the sled.

Back