• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride on Viking

Tcatdrv

Hauled the machines out to Hatchers Pass for a quick run this week
IMGP3368.jpg

IMGP3365.jpg

IMGP3347.jpg

Snow was alright, should only be getting better.
Had the Viking in some pretty deep snow busting trail, it did a good job of it, but is a hand full in the really deep snow.
I think the 11 inch ski skins really worked well. More to come...

Looks like you like to carry stuff. Me too. You may want to look into the Yamaha accessory windshield bag for that Pro. It holds lots of stuff in the handiest place there is and it won't interfere with instruments or steering. I added a riser and a plug for a Lead Dog light that rides in the handlebar cushion as well. Have fun with the beast! I sure like mine!

That's a beauty of a machine.

I was the musher who parked next to you guys. I took one team out on a sled, and crashed, so I went home to get my machine and ran the second 16-dog team off the front of the VK!!

If I didn't know my buddy was in Texas I'd say you were him. He rides a Viking and his wife a Bearcat.

Greg,

Aren't the trails in Willow good enough to run/ride yet?

David :yam:

We had a lot of fun that day, I'll have to look into a windshield bag for it. I do like to carry some stuff!

The dogs didnt seem to have much trouble pulling the Viking and 2 people, always wonder how they pull so much and just seem to be running along having a great time.

I have a friend with a 570 Bearcat like shown in his pictures. She uses it to support her lodge and I've used it to pack her runway. It was a bit of a challenge. Had to do some packing before using the drag. Viking wouldn't have that problem.

She's 75 years old and it is just what she needs for getting around and supporting herself. When it comes to the heavt stuff-the Vikings show up.

Her son bought one for his wife(he rides a Viking). She rides like a wild woman-she kicks my a$$ on a short track.

David :Rockon:

I rode the Bearcat 570 all last year and did alot of hunting with it, I thought it did really good in the deeper snow, busting trail, looking for ptarmigan. It seems to me to have a higher center of gravity and alot more responsive to rider inputs than the viking so with that in mind the wife likes it alot.

This is my first season with the viking and so far I love it. It handled some pretty deep snow and is a blast to ride. Pqwer isnt a issue at all with this machine. It can be a hand full in the deep snow but once you figure it out, its all good. The viking is by far the nicest machine I have ever owned and heavy or now I wont be getting rid of it anytime soon. :4STroke:

Thanks for the info!!

Did you ever find the Bearcat 570 under powered in the deep snow or pulling?

My second sled (utility) has to be wife friendly so I am thinking the Viking Pro is a little too big but the Bearcat 570 is appealing... I also need to use it to haul large sleighs of firewood and bust trail when needed.

I think the 570 does a pretty good job of busting trail, I wouldn't say its under powered in the deep snow, but it does have a limit, I beleive the key to the bearcat in the deeper snow is the lower clutch engagement, it will just crawl from a start, . As far as pulling really big loads, I never really pulled much more than a sled with some ice fishing gear and some firewood, not all that heavy.

love the pics of your Viking, I am curious as to how you have the gun boot mounted on her.

Here is how I mounted my gun boot, I use the oler hoop and lever mounting system from koplin. Its no longer offered so I found this one one ebay brand new in the box for a really good price. I use only a couple parts to mount the gunboot, the kit has parts to mount to a atv rack. I just use some u bolts and spacers to secure it to the rack. Works great and stays in place.
DSC03826.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03825.jpg

Hope this helps...

Back