• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First service??

PowderFalcon

Pinnin' it!
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 Sidewinder SRX
How many of you took your sled to the dealer for the first service? Hearing it costs a small fortune just to change engine and chain case oil, track tension, chaincase tension, and look it over! All things i can do myself, plus would rather run amsoil fluids anyway.

Does the warranty require you to bring it to the dealer for service?

Not looking to offend any dealers on here, please don't take offense!

I did. I think it was around $140. Plus, they could fill out my YES card also. I guess it depends on if you deal with one shop all the time, that knows you & trusts your sled has been "upkept" correctly...for when you trade it in.

I wonder if its like an auto, save your receipts to show you did it and warranty is good. My dealer just included first service in deal as they want to see how things are going with a new sled like this. I have always done my own in past.

Just dropped mine off today. Gonna cost $199. Sure I could do it myself, but brand new 1st year model, I want a professional to go over it. Am having them take a look at the clutches too due to concerns of coil bind. Got a trip coming up and want peace of mind.

my sled only has 63 kms on it so far. It is still a ways from 800 for the first service, may not see that mileage this year anyway. Problem is, the dealer is 3 hours away, one way so 6 hrs drive time. He is also holding my jacket and goggle bag ransom until I come in for service. He may just have to give it to someone else lol.

I would be careful. Had my dealer do the service and had oil spray out on the trail only to realize they did not take the old gasket off the oil filter. Seal blew out, oil everywhere. Needless to say, not happy. At least I caught it before any engine damage. Just saying, never know how much knowledge the person working on it has. They have been a great dealer to this point as I know they have awesome mechanics but I am sure whomever was changing the oil was not very seasoned.

Had my dealer do my first service was around 200 bucks but I took it there because I wanted all the known issues looked at and addressed. Turbo bolts were all tight and they replaced heat shields that were part of a recall/bulletin. I replaced my secondary rollers after the first ride and I haven't had any belt or binding issues. One thing I've noticed is alot of the models with issues have been LE models maybe I'm wrong but seems like it. They did say my oil tank was seeping. The way they explained it is its two pieces bonded together with some type of seal. They resealed it and I haven't had any issues but will definitely keep a eye on it. So far I've had zero issues on trail and I've seen 118 gps on a lake run. Felt like I had more and it seems to just keep pulling. Hoping I got a real good one. Only mods are Ulmers clutching and rollers and 144 studs down the middle. I also just installed the racewerk rapid block but haven't trail tested it just yet.

got the price today and it's $199CAD plus parts/fluids, so around $400 out the door. Dealer said i do not HAVE to bring it there for warranty purposes and can do the work myself. The catch is that I still have to show record of purchasing yamaha fluids/filter for warranty. Being an amsoil dealer, i was hoping to use their fluids but i guess i am SOL.

haha thanks fellas!! guess im stuck with yamalube, but i'll do it myself! boom

My sled had just under 300 miles on it when a a loose hose clamp caused antifreeze to leak out and the sled to overheat, While it was at the dealer I had them do a 300 mile service and replace the rollers with the Ulmers I supplied. While it was there I had them check for many of the concerns that other members experienced..None of those issues where found other than a small flat spot on one roller. I will always have the dealer do my services going forward for piece of mind as these sleds are too expensive to not have a professional work on it. I have a lot of confidence in them as they are a large dealership and sold many Sidewinders.

Back