• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"First unread post"

radianguy

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha FX NYTRO XT Express
First let me say I love this site! It is full of great info and great people, but one thing that I think would benefit would be a "first unread post" button, many forums I frequent have this feature and it makes reading new posts a breeze. Just a thought, love this place!!! :Rockon:

pro116 said:
On top of the screen there is a view topics in the last 12hrs or 24hrs.

X2! Ya, I was on TY for about a year before I figured out what these butttons were for, but now these and the search function are all I use, lol. Very useful indeed.

You mean this button???

I surf TY by first selecting 'view posts since last visit'.
On the search results page, I scan through the titles and RIGHT click on the 'view newest post' button and select 'open in new tab'. I continue trough the search results opening each topic I want to read in a new tab. I go to the next page and the next all the way to the last. It is not unheard of for me to have 30+ tabs open. I then start reading and closing tabs as I'm done with them.

Attachments

• forum_newest.jpg
    forum_newest.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 115
  • forum_index.jpg
    forum_index.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 125

Back