• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Comparisons - TD-Hurricane-EVO other

I have
It’s pretty easy to do real world tests , just have to get a few guys here to meet sometime this winter to evaluate different tunes against each other. Then the bullshit stops ...lol
But you would need 2-3 guys with TD & hurricane tunes to get a fare test.
I have two machines in the garage now, both 2017 137. one has td powertrail stock muffler flash and the other with the hurricane 270 stock muffler flash. I think we will have some healthy comparisons.

It’s pretty easy to do real world tests , just have to get a few guys here to meet sometime this winter to evaluate different tunes against each other. Then the bullshit stops ...lol
But you would need 2-3 guys with TD & hurricane tunes to get a fare test.

I bet everyone would be very close, rider weight, traction, etc would all play into it. I say everyone coordinates who can polish off a beer the quickest and theirs your winner.

:beer:

We can call it “ the real Canadian snowmobiler shootout “ lol , you could set it in southern Ontario there would be a few people show up

I have

I have two machines in the garage now, both 2017 137. one has td powertrail stock muffler flash and the other with the hurricane 270 stock muffler flash. I think we will have some healthy comparisons.
The 270 flash would have to race a max spool 16 not the powertrail.

Powertrail sm is the ultra safe stock muffler tune even runs on 87 in a pinch.

Last edited:
What are the real world, trail riding benefits of say a (Hurricane 240 vs 270) or (TD Ecotrail vs Powertrail)? Fun factor, gas mileage, drive-ability? Is there really that much of a difference?

there's a major factor not often enough considered...dependability and the separate program (a much more difficult program to write ) of knock detection....TD Is an innovator in knock detection on four stroke turbos...this factor alone has extreme value and sets TD apart

What are the real world, trail riding benefits of say a (Hurricane 240 vs 270) or (TD Ecotrail vs Powertrail)? Fun factor, gas mileage, drive-ability? Is there really that much of a difference?

Real world trail riding is different from one guy to the next. I think most turbo owners tend to ride bigger more wide open trails then I live on. So those riders will not feel the differences as much, and certainly have different needs or criteria then i do. Tight trail system needs instant spool, and lots of engine braking and seriously instant backshift. However when I head to Qc, all that becomes quite different.

For the 240 & 270 tunes I have. There is no comparison to the Quick Spool tunes corner to corner. And having your clutches setup to make the turbo spool down low is also important. Fuel is less a concern in tight trail system, as you will rarely(If ever) see a knock light at these speeds. But having the knock light/protection is the core key element to how these tunes were able to be designed to be so powerful and include huge boost down at 5500rpms as Hurricane shows in their dyno sheets. Something that makes or breaks a tune for snapping off knolls.

Dan

there's a major factor not often enough considered...dependability and the separate program (a much more difficult program to write ) of knock detection....TD Is an innovator in knock detection on four stroke turbos...this factor alone has extreme value and sets TD apart
Td is not the innovator of the knock detection system on the 998.i can say loosely that it was a joint effort to be politically correct

I worded it poorly..TD and hurricane worked on this platform knock...what I meant to say TD has a decade of tuning four stroke turbos and was making knock protection , engine safety features and knock lights years before many new to the market mass tunes..speaking about the past and experience..

Well I only have 20 kms on my new setup with Hurricane 240,270,290. All I can say is wow im glad I went this route thanks to Dave and his crew. Marc and Rocker Dan this setup kicks #*$&@ thanks for the tip.

Back