• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Comparisons - TD-Hurricane-EVO other

Honestly me too. I was very surprised at what we made with this tune. Even the top speed is impressive. Very surprising.
It actually slowed our muflfer sale many just say why do I need a muffler now ?

With a muffler you get better fuel economy and more power. We are now as the 285 to 290 hp on 91 with a highflow muffler ...Crazy.... and with the super cooler and intake even more but we have not dynoed those mods yes but race testing shows a big gain. Et and mph
Do you have a dyno sheet on your 260sm tune

9221174D-A3EF-4C1A-B4BF-4266D0AF0F75.jpeg
Look how fast my dyno sheet is!

Do you have a dyno sheet on your 260sm tune
Yes on my dyno's computer. I don't post sheets since they are track dyno. I can put them up here when I get a chance. I convert them conservatively to crank hp. Soon we will be hitting dynotech research and test all our tunes and mods on their independent dyno. My prediction is we will exceed all our numbers by at least 5hp.

My track dyno conversion I know well I've been to dynotech 3 times after testing on my track dyno. We always make more than what we claimed for each tune. Better be a bit low than too high.

Yes on my dyno's computer. I don't post sheets since they are track dyno. I can put them up here when I get a chance. I convert them conservatively to crank hp. Soon we will be hitting dynotech research and test all our tunes and mods on their independent dyno. My prediction is we will exceed all our numbers by at least 5hp.

My track dyno conversion I know well I've been to dynotech 3 times after testing on my track dyno. We always make more than what we claimed for each tune. Better be a bit low than too high.

Right on I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

I went with Hurricane stock muffler tune bundle along with the gauge flash on my spring order with 2 kms on my lift!!lol this is how much I have faith and trust in the hurricane group!

I went with Hurricane mainly because of the excellent customer service I and many of my friend received in the past and the experience in the performance field with yamaha products! This company has been around for along time and there main focus has alway been with yamaha! You can be sure you are getting quality products with them!
Hurricane has never let my down in the past so why change?

I believe all 3 tuning vendor make a hell of a product! You really see the passion from all them! Keep up the good work!

Marc

Last edited:
I went with Hurricane stock muffler tune bundle along with the gauge flash on my spring order with 2 kms on my lift!!lol this is how much I have faith and trust in the hurricane group!

I went with Hurricane mainly because of the excellent customer service I and many of my friend received in the past and the experience in the performance field with yamaha products! This company has been around for along time and there main focus has alway been with yamaha! You can be sure you are getting quality products with them!
Hurricane has never let my down in the past so why change?

I believe all 3 tuning vendor make a hell of a product! You really see the passion from all them! Keep up the good work!

Marc
Well said. I think your right. All the vendors put a lot into there products. Competition is good.

If we don't have a say and can't even argue why our tunes are worth buying what's the point of a us being in a discussion board? Yes we can advertise our products that's good. But we also need to convince guys on why to pick us.

I am very careful to use facts and not to offend my peers. But at one point when we start comparing for sure sometimes it won't please the other vendor...

Example here when we talk about tunes we've been testing all winter last year and released after months of testing vs tunes built on a dyno this summer. This is not a bash it's just pointing out a fact. You decide if it's good or bad.

Why can't we inform people of this ? If they want to buy the tune from the competitor so be it...I won't argue ... But I feel like we should be able to make a case for ourselves.

Furthermore, it seems like even members of the board can't emit an opinion that is remotely negative. And now people just don't say anything in fear of getting a warning...

I totally agree about the no bashing policy but an opinion should accepted as long as it's not pure bashing
Nice TD i agree

This is not meant to be a shot against any of the vendors but I will take real world testing over a dyno any time. Sometimes we get too caught up in numbers but that doesn’t mean sh!t when we hit the trails. Dyno’s are fine to test hp gains and losses from a baseline when making changes but I would not count on one to give me exact horsepower. There can be a lot of inconsistency between dyno’s, the rooms they are in, the conditions like intake air and exhaust, etc. Plus, I don’t ride my sled in a shop with a “controlled environment”.
That’s my personal opinion and why I bought a Power Trail tune from Ben at the Toronto show last weekend. It’s seems to be a solid tune running reliably by a lot of people running a lot of miles. That’s what I am looking for.

None of this is supposed to take aim or bad mouth any companies. This is a place to discuss and allow vendors to answer questions and explain their value and why the can assist us with our wants. I want I want I want I want 300HP for no reason other than to say I have it and use it :nos

It’s pretty easy to do real world tests , just have to get a few guys here to meet sometime this winter to evaluate different tunes against each other. Then the bullshit stops ...lol
But you would need 2-3 guys with TD & hurricane tunes to get a fair test.

Last edited:

Back