• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FOR ANY NON-BELIEVERS,THE ECP KIT WORKS!!!!!

Not bad news to me I would not put one on my sled if it was given to me . Freddy asked me my opinion so i answered him . I'm sure they do something but i still maintain that the tuneup is 90% of the power gain . If the filters did all of the gain the tuneup would not be nesesary .
Tom-RX1

In defence of Freddie (hey, I get to give some good words back!) its NOT just because of the tuneup. Any time you change the airflow going through the carbs you need to do the jetting and synch the carbs, otherwise they will be off. This is just a possibility, and I'm sure not the only reason, but look at the factory airbox. Notice it draws air in through the somewhat small opening in the center of the front of the airbox? Following the path of the air, it stands to reason that the 2 center carbs will get a little more air than the outer 2. After doing the K&Ns, all 4 will get equal air. Since the carbs were originally synched with the poor distribution of air, they will be out of synch with the K&Ns until re-synched. So, were they out of synch before? no. Would synching the carbs give you 90% of the power of the kit? No. Putting the K&Ns on without synching the carbs throws things off, so the improved airflow is partially offset by the out of synch carbs, making it seem like there isn't much of a performance increase.

If you put a supercharger on a Vette without increasing fuel flow, you won't notice much gain in power (and will damage the engine). But is it safe to say that you could save the money and not buy the supercharger, and just put in larger injectors for more power?

Jim

Tom-RX1 said:
Not bad news to me I would not put one on my sled if it was given to me . Freddy asked me my opinion so i answered him . I'm sure they do something but i still maintain that the tuneup is 90% of the power gain . If the filters did all of the gain the tuneup would not be nesesary .
Tom-RX1

Sorry Tom, but I have to say this...you are going to be one of "those" customers who install a turbo, don't tune it correctly, grenade your engine and then blame the turbo manufacturer. Guys like you are absolutely, positively better off leaving your sleds, cars, boats, motorcycles, airplanes, ATV's, dirbikes, tanks, bulldozers, backhoes, chainsaws, and anything else that runs via an engine 100% stock and ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS purchase the extended warranty from the dealer!

I have dealt with many folks just like you and I have learned that through a little bit of an "interview" on my part, the result is that you are far better off not doing anything..even the slightest modification to your engine in whatever vehicle you own. This way, there is no possible way that you could slam a guy like me or the other fine vendors/advertisers on this forum for "supposedly" making your engine run worse than it did when in stock condition. Why don't you have your "friend" return his kit to me and I will refund his money? Don't spend a dime with my company but talk well about me...please.

Everyone...listen carefully to this advice. It will save a relationship. You need to tell the engine builder/modifier/tuner what you want your engine to be when it grows up. If you could figure out how to make John Force's nitro Funny Car engine last for an entire season, I am certain he would throw Austin Coil and Bernie Fedderly out of bed and even tuck you in every night with giant "white toothy" kiss on the cheek and perhaps on the lips!

Thanks for axplaining your reasoning though Tom. I am grateful to hear about your views.

Freddie Klies

His filters were not from you freddy . They were purchased through his dealer . I have not said anything bad about you or your kit . What i said was that it was not for me and then I get a high pressure sell tactic . I do not use mods of any type i do not think any of them are worth what you pay for them . I would not put a turbo on as well what i said was that the turbo was more worth the cash than anything else that has been on here . Freddy at least you do the testing so that the guys that buy from you do get the full benifit of what they buy .
Tom-RX1

Tom-RX1 said:
His filters were not from you freddy . They were purchased through his dealer . I have not said anything bad about you or your kit . What i said was that it was not for me and then I get a high pressure sell tactic . I do not use mods of any type i do not think any of them are worth what you pay for them . I would not put a turbo on as well what i said was that the turbo was more worth the cash than anything else that has been on here . Freddy at least you do the testing so that the guys that buy from you do get the full benifit of what they buy .
Tom-RX1

There is some serious back peddling going on with that statement..... :tg:

You dont like any type of mods fine that is your business...

I on the other hand dont mind spending a few hard earned dollars for a proving mod that works.... and I am here telling you that this kit properly set up, works....

If you think that I got the results I have stated because of a tuneup you are smoking some serious crack.... :shock:

RX-1Yamaholic said:
Tom-RX1 said:
Tom-RX1

There is some serious back peddling going on with that statement..... :tg:

You dont like any type of mods fine that is your business...

I on the other hand dont mind spending a few hard earned dollars for a proving mod that works.... and I am here telling you that this kit properly set up, works....

If you think that I got the results I have stated because of a tuneup you are smoking some serious crack.... :shock:
Well then buy all you want no skin off my &*^ .
Tom-RX1

Tom-RX1 said:
Well then buy all you want no skin off my &*^ .
Tom-RX1

Well obviously you do have a problem. You are the one that came on this post and started with the negative comments and bashing of the product....

You have had way more then your say, so it is time now for you to go away..... :moon:

Find me one place in this post that i bashed the product . all i said was( i still don't want one .) and for some reason you got real defensive . And by the way I still don't want one .
Tom-RX1

You could buy a few new houses with all the money I have spent on mods on Sleds , race boats , bikes , cars ec tbut I have never had as good of a increase in performanc for the buck as with this set up and it is very inexpensive and trouble free. Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope. Keep the goodies comming.

Tom-RX1 said:
Find me one place in this post that i bashed the product . all i said was( i still don't want one .) and for some reason you got real defensive . And by the way I still don't want one .
Tom-RX1

Ignore him!!!!::moon:

Some times with hard to reach children you have to give them tough love..... :D

Although it was very thoughtful of Tom to jump on here to tell the world that he won't use any after market stuff, I am thinking to myself that if he doesn't have them and doesn't plan on using him that he should maybe skip right over the ECP Mod link and leave the rest of us users to discuss it. Just my $.02.

;)!

SUPERTUNER said:
Tom-RX1 said:
His filters were not from you freddy . They were purchased through his dealer .

I have not said anything bad about you or your kit . What i said was that it was not for me and then I get a high pressure sell tactic .

I do not use mods of any type i do not think any of them are worth what you pay for them . I would not put a turbo on as well what i said was that the turbo was more worth the cash than anything else that has been on here .

Freddy at least you do the testing so that the guys that buy from you do get the full benifit of what they buy .
Tom-RX1

Didn't buy my filters... Ahhh, so now the truth comes out.

Forgive me for making this seem like a "sell tactic", but if you would take the time to read more thoroughly, you will see that I am actually reccomending that you not buy literally anything for your snowmobile from anyone.

About you not liking mods... Isn't that what I stated above?

Thank you for noticing. I don't mean any disrespect, but don't think for a moment that I am not going to defend my products and services. It is human nature to defend oneself. Like I said earleir...buy your extended warranties everytime you buy something and you will be happy. I cannot sell you an extended warranty however. Can't be more honest than that sir.

I realize that performance products are not for everyone.

Its cool, no sweat!

Peace...Freddie

Back