• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

found out why i lost my speed on apexgt

machj

Extreme
took suspension out to change track to a 1 inch 837 and i noticed broken rod by flexing track i think the wheels hang down to far past the rail or shitty tracks on our sleds

on the track on right side were there is no rear idler grab the track and push inward there is quiet afew broken

machj

Does it appear that the rods are broken on one side rather than the other??? I also would find it hard to believe that the wheels are lower than other Yamaha's, unless the hyfax are deeper on the Apex??

Ron

Well, I just received my 4th wheel, I sure will look carefully when I will install the wheel. Last week I had the suspension out, and did full inspection found no crack or nothing broken. Replace 6 wheels with BRP wheels and replace slider. Check top of the shock and only very very little scratch lines..Nothing there...Also, no big marks either inside the track.

brp wheels seem to hang down alot we did some measureing they hang down almost three eights of an inch seems like to much

machj said:
brp wheels seem to hang down alot we did some measureing they hang down almost three eights of an inch seems like to much
Wow finally you have it,and yes these ripsaw tracks are junk in my opinion,great if you are not real agressive like i am,but they also cant take any kind of prolonged high speed on lakes,the track i would and will use in the future is the one you have 9837 fully clipped preditor track,harder durometer for better track speed and less flex,plus the 1" is better for studding and less rotating mass,it will now be fast,good luck and glad you found something,i knew something was wrong,also guys keep an eye on your bearings some of our sleds with 2000+ miles are now having some bearings fail and you may feel a vibration in your running boards or the side of your tunnel up front around your driveshaft,ok while driving take a moment and move your feet or heels up aganist the tunnel near the front and ride it fast and if you feel a slight vibration,it may be your driveshaft bearing,on your dry side they fail first,but i would bet both jackshaft and driveshaft bearings will fail close togeather as far as milage concerns,now sometimes you can have a bearing that still rools free but is slowing you down,if you have a sled that has been slowley getting slower check this out this summer. ;)!

Back