• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Full Season Review of Camso Storm 150 Track on SideWinder's

anybody have any issues with excessive slide wear? i went through a set of slides this weekend in 160 miles with this track, had dealer put a new set on and double check the track tension and could smell the slides while riding. we had to go through a short section of thin snow but most of it was great conditions curious if others have run into this and what you did to fix the problem

Are you running DuPonts?

I'm the one that started this thread last year about the Storm 150 track and I'm surprised to hear that RtxViper has experiened hyfax issues. Between my SW and my wife's SW we put on over 1600 combined miles last year on the Storm 150 on our sleds without any hyfax issues. I will say that all of our riding was done in good snow conditions. My sled has the Dupont hyfax and hers has the stock hyfax, and the hyfax on both sleds have minimal wear.

It's hard for my to say what caused your hyfax issues. I don't know what your trail conditions were like, but my first thought was marginal trail conditions, followed by too much track tension on your new SRX. :dunno:

You mentioned that you rode in the Grand Marais, MI area and here's a trail report that I found from last Friday for the area:

Admin · December 14 at 7:38 PM
Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc.
December 14 at 8:40 AM
Last report of the day from Groom Ted-Trail 8 east is thin along H-58, and there is logging just past Pullup Hill. The rest is in good condition, all the way out to the last leg, there on the Last 2 miles , in the tight curves , and hills it is thin , and wore THRU to dirt , in some corners ... Overall still real good riding

I'm not sure if anyone else who's posted on this thread has commented on hyfax issues with this track, but it would be interesting to see if this is a common or isolated issue. Like Rockerdan has pointed out, the suspension on the SW's is pretty good on hyfax wear, and A LOT better on hyfax wear than our previous Apex based sleds.

I hope that you get this problem squared away RtxViper because it's no fun chasing little problems on your new sled, especially with our short riding season. Hopefully you can let us know later in the season how you're doing with your hyfax wear.

Cheers

Last edited:
I'm the one that started this thread last year about the Storm 150 track and I'm surprised to hear that RtxViper has experiened hyfax issues. Between my SW and my wife's SW we put on over 1600 combined miles last year on the Storm 150 on our sleds without any hyfax issues. I will say that all of our riding was done in good snow conditions. My sled has the Dupont hyfax and hers has the stock hyfax, and the hyfax on both sleds have minimal wear.

It's hard for my to say what caused your hyfax issues. I don't know what your trail conditions were like, but my first thought was marginal trail conditions, followed by too much track tension on your new SRX. :dunno:

You mentioned that you rode in the Grand Marais, MI area and here's a trail report that I found from last Friday for the area:

Last report of the day from Groom Ted-Trail 8 east is thin along H-58, and there is logging just past Pullup Hill. The rest is in good condition, all the way out to the last leg, there on the Last 2 miles , in the tight curves , and hills it is thin , and wore THRU to dirt , in some corners ... Overall still real good riding

I'm not sure if anyone else who's posted on this thread has commented on hyfax issues with this track, but it would be interesting to see if this is a common or isolated issue. Like Rockerdan has pointed out, the suspension on the SW's is pretty good on hyfax wear, and A LOT better on hyfax wear than our previous Apex based sleds.

I hope that you get this problem squared away RtxViper because it's no fun chasing little problems on your new sled, especially with our short riding season. Hopefully you can let us know later in the season how you're doing with your hyfax wear.

Cheers

thanks for the reply glad to hear many have not had any issues with there slides, as far as conditions most were actually really good. H58 was really good and plenty of snow for lubrication there was some spots that had a little bare in some corners but still not bad. only real bad spot was a couple mile stretch coming out of shingleton. Ive had two apexes that weren't good on slide wear so i am pretty conscious of riding into the banks when it gets thin, this wear is just really excessive. Seems to me the skid could use a set of wheels between the front ones and the rear axle that's where its the worst. I will have to get a set of duponts which i had on my apex and those worked great

Just had this track put on my 17 Ltx, I had ins screws put in instead of conventional studs, lots of em. We'll see how they work. Rode in what snow we had left friday, track hooks lots better than stones ripsaw2. I did notice its bit louder at higher speed, really pulls engine down. I lost bout 500 rpm, stock gearing. I am not an ice racer so little less top end is good with me. Excited for winter now.

Cheers
VX1R, I ran an 18 XTX last year with a 1.6 track. 2000 miles in good conditions, my sliders are like new still. It only takes one ride in poorer conditions to ruin a set of sliders.
As for the duponts, I used to swear by them until I saw them fail on a few different sleds. Once the slider wears around the inserts, the insert falls out. They are the best available, but only by a small margin and certainly not worth the money IMO.

VX1R, I ran an 18 XTX last year with a 1.6 track. 2000 miles in good conditions, my sliders are like new still. It only takes one ride in poorer conditions to ruin a set of sliders.
As for the duponts, I used to swear by them until I saw them fail on a few different sleds. Once the slider wears around the inserts, the insert falls out. They are the best available, but only by a small margin and certainly not worth the money IMO.

Like I mentioned I've got the Duponts on my SW and the stock hyfax on my wife's SW. Checking the hyfax wear on each sled I can't honestly say that the Duponts wear any better than the stock hyfax on these skids. The Duponts seem to be the ticket on the Apex skids but not on the SW's.

If it starts to finally snow and I can get some riding in, I'll know and report back here. I have the Storm with 144 Woody's Gold Diggers and right now, sitting on the stand, the track is tight. I need it to stretch out some so I can move the J&T Stealth 4 Wheel axel back and get my RaceWerx adjustable coupler in there. As it is now there isn't enough room and I have the stock coupler rod in.

If it starts to finally snow and I can get some riding in, I'll know and report back here. I have the Storm with 144 Woody's Gold Diggers and right now, sitting on the stand, the track is tight. I need it to stretch out some so I can move the J&T Stealth 4 Wheel axel back and get my RaceWerx adjustable coupler in there. As it is now there isn't enough room and I have the stock coupler rod in.

How did the 150 storm track hold up?

How did the 150 storm track hold up?
I have around 2400 miles on a storm 150 and noticed 2 large lugs torn off to the fiber love the track just doesn't look like its going to hold up

My 1.75 backcountry track started to loose lugs toward the end of last winter with over 8000 miles on it. Most of them tuned miles.
Still researching to see if there is a good 1.5 track out there. I ride from home every weekend so I ride in all snow conditions all season long.

My 1.75 backcountry track started to loose lugs toward the end of last winter with over 8000 miles on it. Most of them tuned miles.
Still researching to see if there is a good 1.5 track out there. I ride from home every weekend so I ride in all snow conditions all season long.
What do you get for top end with tuned winder and 1.75" track?

Back