• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Garmin 176C Vs. 276C

SRX Maine

Extreme
Hi, I was wondering if anyone used either the 176c or 276c on there sleds
and what you thought of them?
Any trouble with maps, downloads, ect.
Pros & Cons ?????
Thanks, SRX MAINE (from the TY board)

I've had both, but only used the 276C on my sled. A bud bought my 176C and uses it on his SRX.

If you've got the cash the 276C is a better unit. The screen is better. The built in Li battery in the 276C can run the dang thing all day if you take care. Backlight off during the day, on low at night, turn it off when going into bars and such. I've been amazed at how well it works even with the cold.

But the 176 does take standard AA's. So where I carry a cig lighter cord on my sled for my GPS "just in case". He can run into a gas station and pick up a 4-pack of batteries if needed.

Trouble? Nope. The 176/276 use Garmin's unique memory card format. The 176 is limited to 128MB, the 276 can take 512MB. For just snowmobiling either is fine.

The 276 really shines in the car, or on my motorcycle ;), with it's much better on-road navigation features.

It's more expensive too.

I'd look used. The 376C came out a few months ago and there are probably be people upgrading.

Don't forget that you'll need a GPS, a data card, and the map software. Where some of the other units include this all in a package.

I have been using 176c for three years, kit came with two mounts, one for truck & one for sled, do your self a favor & hard wire unit to sled, new batteries on very cold night will last 10-15 minutes, I had batteries freeze up, unless you carry in your pocket, what good is it in your pocket. My 04 RX has a spare power terminal on right side of battery, if you need help locating terminal, just holler, I will look, easy hook up. I have always had Garmin units, never had a problem. You will never have second thoughts at an intersection with a GPS.

Back