• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas mileage poll on the RS Series??

Gas Mileage

• 10 mpg or less

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 11 to 12 mpg

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 13 to 14 mpg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 to 16 mpg

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • 17 to 18 mpg

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • 18 mpg or more

Votes: 21 42.0%

• Total voters

My neighbour's RS venture was getting sub 10mpg until he took it back to the dealer. They found a sticky choke (remaining partially open). Cable I think. Now he's getting 18mpg. Worth a check for the 2% who aren't getting great mpgs.

Gas mileage on RS

I own an Rs Rage2005. My mileage varies from 15 to 19 m.p.g. depending on trails or off trail. Sure beats smoke and the price of oil when you just have to gas and go :D .

All I know is last week was the 1st time I rode with three 2-strokes for 2 days of riding from pump to pump...heres how it went. A 800ski-doomxz puts in $14.00 600 Polaris puts in $13.80 700 polaris puts in $14.00 also and I could barely get >>>$4.00 in my Rage :shock: :shock: another time that I check what everyone was putting in went like this 800mxz -$20.00 600 Polaris $19.00 700 Polaris $19.75 I had to squeeze $9.75 in my Rage. Not to mention all the oil they had to add in there 2 strokes and plugs that were fouling out and also the doos threads were stripped out on top of his plugs from vibration and he was losing contact..LOL Then his belt broke and rapped the speedo cable around his clutch and wasted it! Then the same 2001 doo recoil wouldn't work after we found him a good used clutch so we had to rap a tow rope around the clutch to start it...and the smoke was terrible on that thing YUK! dont miss that at all! Anyways I am Totally happy with my rage! :yam: :4STroke:

A recent trip ro Hayward, WI temps about 25. Averaged just over 20. mpg. We didnt ride hard but did not poke along either.

:yam: My husband has gotten 18-20 he's got 800 miles on his 05 rage. :4STroke:

Attachments

• 05 sled 6.jpg
    05 sled 6.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 251
do the Vectors get much better mileage then a 2003 Viper ? I am thinking about getting one. Was there much difference in performance between the prototype Vector and the production model ? Gas has it 104.9 a liter here today. :o|

nb-viper said:
do the Vectors get much better mileage then a 2003 Viper ? I am thinking about getting one. Was there much difference in performance between the prototype Vector and the production model ? Gas has it 104.9 a liter here today. :o|
Rode last season with a 02 Viper for a day. When we filled up Viper took $24.00 Vector took $17.00. That differance got repeated all season. My son has an 02 SXR 600 after a 180 KM ride his took 42 Liters my Vector took 28 liters. He made me buy him lunch & drinks.

We bought a vector last feb.after burning down the old poo700 and in 2 feet of snow breaking in the new motor on the vector first fill up it got 17 and after a day of riding and 400 miles it now gets 18-20 all the time and we were racing my fusion down the rail beds and the vector waqs pulling my fusion,with either one of us driving it,now it was acting up a little,which was the story of some fusions all last season,but i was very impressed with the 05 vector and 05 rage both sleds full out down the rail bed in northern Maine would run 107-109 speedo when my boys prox7 03 and my fusion would only run a sled or so past them at best and my gps would run the vector at 96 real mph when its speedo said 107 ok its off by 10 or more but this was in mealy snow and after it was groomed it was still lose,so if it was hard snow,i am sure the vector would run a real 100+ very good for 120hp 500+lb sled that has NO vibration and awsome MPG and no SMOKE!! WOW ;)!

Man I wish my riding style would let me get 18! All last season I was getting around 16 on an average. I did add flo commanders to the air box and they are usually set up for dumping alot of gas at the engine so it could probably be better...

Back