• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Genesis Performance Module, I got one!!

87gtNOS

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
12 Apex XTX MCX powered
LOL!!!

:bling

genesisr.jpg

Alright, it hooks up the intake air temp sensor. Simple.

The funny part of the instructions....it's 'designed with ACS (Auto Correction System) so you cannot install it wrong". LOL! Simply hook either wire to one of the IAT wires and the other one to the other. Imagine that? ACS technology!!! LOL!!

The last sentence of the instructions says it should 20 minutes to notice a DIFFERENCE!!! LOL!

Here's what I will do...I will install mine with a toggle switch, allowing it to be stock or GENESIS SUPER POWER!!

tttario said:
Awesome!

You should be able to ditch the NOS now with that kind of power. LOL!!!!

Nothing will replace the NOS!!

I think if this gimmick is real, I should see an RPM increase, at WOT and when cruising, simply by flicking the switch!

This weekend I will test the leads for resistance in an attempt to figure out what it's made of!

;)!

It's about time someone took a chance on one of these...maybe then everyone's question will be answered..."does it work?"

APEX 06 said:
sorry to ask this but what dose this do for the sled and were did u get one

Here's the advert:
Moderator EDIT - REMOVED - We don't allow links to ebay

rxrider
TY Management

I have seen these in cars, its a resistor that make the computer think the air temp is colder then it is so it adds timing and reduces fuel. Any gains you get is what the PCM will allow. Be careful using it if it tells the PCM its -40 out and its only 20 it will lean out the engine and add some timing (same as adding a resistor to the IAT)

There is some range of 'slop' from the factory but look at the gains from a PCIII and ignition module where your actually changing the timing and fuel 6-9 hp? Your going to get about 5% of that if your lucky. Enjoy your 0.3hp LOL

Not to worry about going lean kinger, I have a wideband!

all I'm going to ask you guys to do in here is make sure any of the 'newbs' are aware of the 'snake oil' ancestry of this 'performance module'. Some people will believe anything they read on TY.......

Don't worry chief, I'll tell it like it is.

I figure I should see one or two things with this...rpm and my wideband changing.

I am gonna tape a toggle switch to my bars to switch between stock and SUPER GENESIS PERFORMANCE MODE!

We'll see!

And yes, it's likely snake oil!!

I'll see if I can scan the instructions at work!!

It should "richen" the fuel as cold air is more dense thus requiring more fuel in the cold.

The 7.3 powerstroke guys were installing 10k resistors on the air intake temp tricking computer into make it seem colder air and thus dumping more fuel which adds some hp.

Either way the change should show up on the wideband.

Might need a reversing switch though to switch between stock and "super genisis power mode" :)

Back