• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GLOVES! - Which are the best / warmest

VectorLTX2012 said:
Yooper_Bob said:
I have been wearing the same pair of Cabela's Pinnacle gloves for close to 10 years now...they are awesome!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... l+Products

I took your advise and bought a pair of Cabela's Pinnacle gloves. I had some points to use so with shipping it costed me $10. I also get $60 worth of points for buying them. They are sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :-o .

Now we all need snow so we don't crowd each other on the same trail.

Happy New Year

Chester

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:
cabela's make good stuff

I use those Cabela's Pinnacle gloves as well and love them.

I really wish I could get my hands on a set of seal skin mits for the really cold days when we tour Northern Canada! Maybe there is is Alaskan TY member that can help me out!!

The quest for warm phalanges...

I easily have $1K in gloves in my positon...moderation is for the un-imaginative...I'm always on the look out for something that works.

Rule #1 tight fitting anything DOES NOT keep your keister or any other part of your carcass warm...you would do well to share that w/ your wife and/or girfriend..."Honey, do you wanna look good or do you wanna be warm?" Be sweet about and caring about it :)

Rule #2 when it comes to gloves/mittens those sometimes cheap little blue polypro glove liners will double the effective warm of any glove you use. They will also, when wet, help prevent pulling the guts outta your gloves when you take'em off. That is a royal pain in the butt when that happens...you might wonder how I know that. I get them by the dozen for abour $2.00/pr. at industrial hardware suppy outfits and at commerical fishing supply stores. Or for about $10.00/pr at REI. They are all the same and they are not a waste of $$$

Enuff rules...Mittens work...screw your buddies, it not their hands that are cold.

Winter cycling 'lobster-claw' mitts are also very effective.

On The Slope they issue REFRIDGE-A-WARE gloves...cheap at $29/pr???. They look like something Bozo would wear. They're functional but if you gave them to the li'woman you'll garrentee a couple of nights on the couch.

I realize they are seriously un-kool but handle bar gauntlets are extremely effective. We know them as 'elephant ears'. I have used them since I turned on to them. They fold outta the way easy enough for any technical riding i.e. hi-marking which we don't engage in. But along the trails and boondocking over any tricky hills they are a snap to clear. They keep the powder off the heated grips, which unless it raining is the only source of the great sucker of heat...water.

Bottom line after all this my current solution to the OP is a $19 pair of 40g THINSULATE camo gloves with excellent grip w/ glove liners for when it's cold (-15F) and elephant ears. At $19/pr it's not a show stopper when I lose them.

Happy New Year

Warmest Glove EVER!!

Canada Goose:
http://www.canada-goose.com/products-2/ ... down-mitt/

Ever try one of their jackets? Thats exactly what they use when they make these mitts. There is no substitute for real down! I have gone from completely cold to putting on these mitts to feeling warm again immediately.

From their website:

"Canadians know cold weather- it’s a part of our national identity. We live with it, do battle with it and even celebrate its bracing challenges. That’s why Canada Goose has been manufacturing its authentic extreme weather gear right here in Canada since 1957. We test our products in North America too, because there are simply no better judges of the quality of parkas and jackets designed to withstand the coldest temperatures than the people who live and work in them. From Canadian Arctic Rangers – police forces working in sub-zero temperatures – to US National Science Foundation researchers stationed in Antarctica, to oil rig workers and even Arctic Air pilots, we’re proud that the most demanding wearers in the world choose Canada Goose. They rely on us for protection in unspeakably bitter cold conditions and we know that, in some cases, their very lives depend on our products. We take that responsibility very seriously and our customers – whether they’re exploring the South Pole, climbing Mount Everest or building an igloo in Resolute Bay – know they can count on us"

Silas said:
Warmest Glove EVER!!

Canada Goose:
http://www.canada-goose.com/products-2/ ... down-mitt/

Ever try one of their jackets? Thats exactly what they use when they make these mitts. There is no substitute for real down! I have gone from completely cold to putting on these mitts to feeling warm again immediately.

From their website:

"Canadians know cold weather- it’s a part of our national identity. We live with it, do battle with it and even celebrate its bracing challenges. That’s why Canada Goose has been manufacturing its authentic extreme weather gear right here in Canada since 1957. We test our products in North America too, because there are simply no better judges of the quality of parkas and jackets designed to withstand the coldest temperatures than the people who live and work in them. From Canadian Arctic Rangers – police forces working in sub-zero temperatures – to US National Science Foundation researchers stationed in Antarctica, to oil rig workers and even Arctic Air pilots, we’re proud that the most demanding wearers in the world choose Canada Goose. They rely on us for protection in unspeakably bitter cold conditions and we know that, in some cases, their very lives depend on our products. We take that responsibility very seriously and our customers – whether they’re exploring the South Pole, climbing Mount Everest or building an igloo in Resolute Bay – know they can count on us"

Do u sled with them? Try the gloves?

I have both Klims and Reima's. Both work great. Good warm hand grips and hand guards are a first priority.

Whatever you do don't buy the FXR gloves. I've had 2 pairs and both look cool but fall apart. I bought the premium leather ones ($100 CAD) and they ripped on the second ride when i pull started my SRX. Garbage gloves that look cool but don't last.

Yooper_Bob said:
I have been wearing the same pair of Cabela's Pinnacle gloves for close to 10 years now...they are awesome!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... l+Products

I have recently gottent these (Cabelas Pinnacle) and they are by far the best gloves I have ever had.
On my Phazer with hand guards this weekend , was -26 Celsius outside and I did not freeze my hands. Which I use to.

Back