• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Going back to 24/50 gears

So after reading all these post for a week I currently have 22/41 with a 35/39 helix, So that being said what would the 24/50 set up do for me with this helix . How much top end loss is the compared to what I have now and I actually think stock gearing was better than this but never tried it with this helix.

24/50 is the best combo honestly. I have those gears with a 1,75 track and the hook up is insane corner to corner. I got on my buddy's with a 1.25 and it just spins every where. Both of us are tuned at 260hp. You need a bigger track to put the power to the snow.
Did u have to do any type of modification with the chain tensioner when putting in the 24/50 gears ?

Thanks I am going to try this set up I asked because the tensioner was pretty snug but I figured it out lol I hope I will like the set up I did have 22/41 but didn't see much difference between stock but I did the math on the ratio and this is quite different,

So after reading all these post for a week I currently have 22/41 with a 35/39 helix, So that being said what would the 24/50 set up do for me with this helix . How much top end loss is the compared to what I have now and I actually think stock gearing was better than this but never tried it with this helix.
If you get rid of that helix let me know
I have a pile of 24 50s on the bench

I noticed yamaha has a 49t lower in there optional gearing. I assume you run the 24t upper and 92p chain with that?

I noticed yamaha has a 49t lower in there optional gearing. I assume you run the 24t upper and 92p chain with that?
I don't think a 24/49 Is a good combo as far as chain fitment

Makes me wonder what they expect to use the 49t for. I know I’ve got 1.5” of thread left on the adjuster with 24/50

It will probably work but a huge dog leg

Might hit post? Tensioner bolt will be in all the way. Huge dog leg.

Back