• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

guage pod keeps dying on me...

racin_jayson

I've searched for a while to find a fix for this but can't find anything, my problems are:

During a ride my guage pod will act normally for the first few minutes and then go completely erratic and reset itself and shut itself off over and over again, warning lights come on, tach needle does the full sweep, then goes blank, and this repeats a few times, until it eventually just shuts off for the rest of the ride. Everything else works perfectly fine. Except that i have no backlighting on the guage pod ever, even when it does work.
Annoyingly enough when I get home at the end of the day the guages usually work just fine. No fuses are blown. and no shorted wires. maybe a relay problem?? please help....it's an '06 Apex by the way

pod

Mine is acting strange also. The first problem is that the clock goes to 1:00, runs for several minutes then stays there. Yesterday, my thumb warmer bars do not display.

I'm going to unplug the 2 plugs to the pod, and check the pins.

racin_jayson said:
I've searched for a while to find a fix for this but can't find anything, my problems are:

During a ride my guage pod will act normally for the first few minutes and then go completely erratic and reset itself and shut itself off over and over again, warning lights come on, tach needle does the full sweep, then goes blank, and this repeats a few times, until it eventually just shuts off for the rest of the ride. Everything else works perfectly fine. Except that i have no backlighting on the guage pod ever, even when it does work.
Annoyingly enough when I get home at the end of the day the guages usually work just fine. No fuses are blown. and no shorted wires. maybe a relay problem?? please help....it's an '06 Apex by the way

Have you checked to make sure the connectors are all mated correctly?
Not a common problem so i don't have anything more specific.
Look around the wiring harness for a loose ground, chaffed wire?

Sorry I can't be more help.

mine did this too and then it just stopped doing anything. If someone else you know has an apex/attack try hooking up there pod. When I did that they're pod worked and when i put mine on theirs, nothing. I ended up buying a used guage cluster. I believe something happen to the circuit board.

thanks for the replies, I have scoured the sled for chaffed wires, none to be found, battery is healthy, connections are strong, I split open the guage pod tonight. It looks like some moisture had made its way in but nothing too serious, everything is pretty clean. I'm stumped. I figured if it was a relay problem I'd lose my headlights but they work fine, as does my high beam indicator light. it's weird that all the led backlights in the pod don't work but the high beam indicator light does, as they are on the same circuit according to my wiring diagram.
The pod seems to be working now but I know that it will quit as soon as i hit the trail.... :o| :o| :o|
Maybe time to look for a used pod, anyone know of one for sale?

Yours sounds exactly like mine. The high beam indicator was the only thing that worked when it was all said and done. It didn't look like much moisture got into mine either but thats the only thing I can think of. Even took the cluster to the dealer and nothing. You don't really need the whole pod, you just need the instrument cluster.

Back