• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

guys with tunes who trade up sleds.

Doowithblue

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Mach z x (sold)
18- RTX LE
First vendor that offers a discount for buyers that had their tune on previous year sled gets my business. Vs. starting from scratch. Already know of one that told me no deals. Anyone else feel same as me?

Agree....this would help solidify a solid relationship with a tuner, and surely keep a guy coming back for more business.

On side note, will a ECU be able to be flashed back to stock, for either warranty work or trading into dealer?

Yes it's possible to reflash stock tune from turbo dynamique and turbor/hurricane flasher box, but i don't no il it's possible to YAMAHA to see it ?

Interesting. Can an ECU be swapped from one sled to another, without involving dealer, or are they married to the sled they came with ?
For example, if a guy buys a 2018 Sidewinder, can he swap his 2017 programmed box into a 2018, and put the 2018 box into the 2017, again, without dealer involvement ? Or possibly sell the 2017 box to someone else with a 2017 ?
I know some our local dealers will take a sled that was boosted, back in on trade, even if it is returned to stock.

I was under the impression once it goes over stock boost level it's ingrained, regardless if you try to flash back to stock? It was mentioned somewhere here awhile back.

Maybe start another thread on this so we can stay on topic here.

Maybe start another thread on this so we can stay on topic here.
Sorry bud. I digressed. Good idea. Would be nice if vendors offered such. Being negative, however, I am guessing not. Unless you are having the same ECU upgraded. But maybe if buying in the same year again, maybe?

Yeah. Makes that money spent a tough pill to swallow is all when you trade up.

The way the many automotive guys did it was for the tuner to tie itself to the VIN and store the stock calibration internally. When a guy went to return to stock the tuner would then "unlock" and be ready to go tune another machine. The issue could get muddied if the Operating system or other major changes come along.

First vendor that offers a discount for buyers that had their tune on previous year sled gets my business. Vs. starting from scratch. Already know of one that told me no deals. Anyone else feel same as me?
That's not what I said at all sir. I still have the conversation. Something was not clear in my answer I guess.

I said if you are bying a new sled and want to switch you can, I can revert that Ecu to stock and flash your new Ecu for the price of an update. That is a base price for making a change of tune.

If you want to give or sell your sled and leave powertrail in it, then you have to buy a new tune obviously.

http://www.turbodynamics.ca

Last edited:
That's not what I said at all sir. I still have the conversion. Something was not clear in my answer I guess.

I said if you are bying a new sled and want to switch you can, I can revert that Ecu to stock and flash your new Ecu for the price of an update. That is a base price for making a change of tune.

If you want to give or sell your sled and leave powertrail in it, then you have to buy a new tune obviously.

http://www.turbodynamics.ca
Sounds fair to me!

Back