• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handle Bar Wiring Harness For Heated 06 Bars to Work

schroon

Pro
Website
www.pacific-custom.com
I did the upgrade to the newer handle bars for the heated grips then went and put my 06 bars back on and my warmers work great. Do you still have to buy the newer bars to get that mid section of wiring for the 06 bars to work or can you buy it seperatly?

schroon said:
I did the upgrade to the newer handle bars for the heated grips then went and put my 06 bars back on and my warmers work great. Do you still have to buy the newer bars to get that mid section of wiring for the 06 bars to work or can you buy it seperatly?

I dont think its available as it own part.

I know on my 06 I had a buddy put some wires from a phazer on the handwarmers and it worked great. I ride with them on the third setting most days on half on very cold days. Only cost about $10 to so I was very happy. I think it is some kind of jumper?

dylanjen9 said:
I know on my 06 I had a buddy put some wires from a phazer on the handwarmers and it worked great. I ride with them on the third setting most days on half on very cold days. Only cost about $10 to so I was very happy. I think it is some kind of jumper?
can you explain what or how this works i`am interesred in this for my 06 apex

I will have to check but it was some wires off a phazer that crossed the wires on the apex that make the hand warmers very warm. My buddy said on the highest setting it melted his gloves!

dylanjen9 said:
I will have to check but it was some wires off a phazer that crossed the wires on the apex that make the hand warmers very warm. My buddy said on the highest setting it melted his gloves!

Definately the upgraded harness works with 06 handlebars/grips. As I recall, the "Phazer sub-lead" part no 90891-50150 is what you're looking for.
I got this number from a similar post way back when, so not sure if the part number is still available or not, fwiw.

Good luck.

Ya that is what I put on my sled and it worked great! Like I said very cheap and easy to install. You dont have to change handlebars or anything like that just plug wires in to exsisting connections. I have not heard of any problems from this either.

I did the wiring upgrade using the existing wires. Did a search and found a thread where it was beaten to death for about two years but it was easy and worked great.

Found trhis in an old message I had saved. Just plug and play!

Here is a part number for the harness you're looking for...it goes for less than $20 at the dealer.

90891-50150-00

If installed on a 2006 Apex witht the stock 2006 bars you will have HOT bars. Read more on here about this "fix."

The mod has been out for over 5 years.
It is called the Rockerdan mod after he came up with it.

You can read about it here:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=38153&start=0

A few words of warning:
Many have worried about the ECU.
It is unlikely that it will hurt the ECU, the factory did a very good job of building protection into the ECU.
(Have never heard of a ECU failing because of this.)

The Stator is a different story entirely.
The mod puts the stator at a major risk of failure.

It is unlikely that you will see many postings about the stator frying, as once someone brags about the mod, they are not likely to post that their stator fried.

Plain & simple, your grips will get hot.
However, the risk to your stator is also real.
Look up how much the stator costs.

If you do the mod, you at least know the risks involved.

Hope this helps!
Rock :-o

Back