• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone seen my exhaust donuts?

grizztracks

Tech Advisor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
FX Nytro RTX, RS Vector, SR Viper RTX SE
I checked my exhaust donuts a few months back when I installed a tunnel heat exchanger. The clamps where tight and the donuts seemed to be OK. I had my shocks revalved and installed pilot skis last week and was anxious to try them out this weekend but when I started the engine something didn't sound right. 15 minutes later I discovered the missing exhaust donuts. If anyone is running up on tug hill this weekend and come across three exhaust donuts they're mine. Please return them ASAP!

What a disappointment. This sled is really starting to irritate me! I'm glad I kept my Vector. At least I was able to get in 100+ miles on that today.

How many miles on them ? Is it the bumps on Tug or just from the miles on them ? I wonder if you could do something to make them tighter, maybe grind down the spacers a bit. The Hindle is looking like a good setup. I was there Friday and didnt see any. May be I should open a Dunken Donut store on the hill might do good.

stock said:
How many miles on them ? Is it the bumps on Tug or just from the miles on them ? I wonder if you could do something to make them tighter, maybe grind down the spacers a bit. The Hindle is looking like a good setup. I was there Friday and didnt see any. May be I should open a Dunken Donut store on the hill might do good.

I've heard of guys grinding down the clamps some to get them tighter. But, I personally think this is a bad idea. The tighter you clamp down on those brittle titanium pipes the higher of a chance there is to crack them.

I'd rather replace exhaust donuts/gaskets every few thousand miles, than buy $400 titanium exhaust pipes. But that's just me.

stock said:

A day old Dunken donut would probably last longer than these did. I remember hearing a little rattle at low speeds when I was up on Tug Hill a few weekends ago but I forgot to check it over because I got to involved in the shock revalving and pilot ski install. when I realized something was up I dropped the rear skid and looked through the exhaust manifold holes in the tunnel. I started the engine and could watch all three clamps spinning on the pipes. I have three dealers all within an hours drive and not one off them stock the parts so it's down until the end of the week.

I think I will take a mm or two off the spacers. Has anyone found aftermarket donuts that hold up better than the OEMs?

This is the most expensive sled I've owned. When my wife sees the credit card bill next month she's going to send me to debt counseling.

im confused what are this donuts u guys talking about and where are they located? im serious in case mine go bad thanks.

i knew there was going to b alot of shyt go wrong with these sleds!!! and yami knows it as well just no that its your dealer that gets the warrenty claim pushed through

so if your dealer tells you yami wont cover it you have to ask your self
cuz every issue is different
but something like exhaust donuts thats obviouse thats a warrenty item!!
im just glad i have lived at a time where as i get to ride such a bad edit for foul language
go to a vintage sled show and see what we used to ride youll be glad what your on now

I don't have the extended warranty and I really don't think Yamaha is going to replace them on a 2008. It's going to cost under $50 to replace them and it'll take about an hour so it's not a big deal but with all the money I've dump into it compared to other sleds I've owned I'm starting to regret buying it.

I'll be back on tug hill next week. I'm hoping those new skis and shocks will make my forget about all this. We'll see!

My exhaust donuts were completly gone at 4000 miles.

This is the biggest reason why I'm getting the stock junk off.
I'm going with the Hindle option.
Cheers

Just put turbos on three FX Nytros, 2 - 08's with 3000k on em' donuts were perfect still. And the other was 09 and obviously perfect.....

If not lined up right, and clamps not tightened properly you could have issues....

doo_man said:
Just put turbos on three FX Nytros, 2 - 08's with 3000k on em' donuts were perfect still. And the other was 09 and obviously perfect.....

If not lined up right, and clamps not tightened properly you could have issues....

Ok doo man. Are you installing these turbos yourself? Total cost? :-o

grizztracks said:
I checked my exhaust donuts a few months back when I installed a tunnel heat exchanger. The clamps where tight and the donuts seemed to be OK. I had my shocks revalved and installed pilot skis last week and was anxious to try them out this weekend but when I started the engine something didn't sound right. 15 minutes later I discovered the missing exhaust donuts. If anyone is running up on tug hill this weekend and come across three exhaust donuts they're mine. Please return them ASAP!

What a disappointment. This sled is really starting to irritate me! I'm glad I kept my Vector. At least I was able to get in 100+ miles on that today.

You have to tap the clamps when you are tightening them, to make sure they are not hung up on anything.......... This worked for me....

Back