• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Header blanket installed!!

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Perfect fit with the hurricane header!!;)!
20211102_095722.jpg

Do you have a picture of the heat shielding fully assembled? I managed to crack the stock shielding my first weekend out, curious what it looks like all put together.

I am wondering on the sled itself, what did you do for the turbo cover etc?
The turbo cover is installed. With the blanket you can use the sheild at the exhaust manifolds (header inlets) also if you wanted. I decided to wrap the inlets instead

I have a surplus blanket anyone in Canada is interested

i put the turbo blanket under my turbo shield, so it still looks stock when taking panel off, you just dont put the very top bolt on shield.

I just had my header melt my tank after a season, hurricane header with a stock heat shield and a heat shield riveted over the top of that one, I just ordered a new tank and turbo inlet blank from Tom Cat and a roll of the lava wrap to, how has this held up for you? did you have to add any extra heat shielding to your gas tank?

I just had my header melt my tank after a season, hurricane header with a stock heat shield and a heat shield riveted over the top of that one, I just ordered a new tank and turbo inlet blank from Tom Cat and a roll of the lava wrap to, how has this held up for you? did you have to add any extra heat shielding to your gas tank?

Was the header the original one or the clearance modified one?

Was the header the original one or the clearance modified one?
I'm not really sure on that, I know its a hurricane header I got it second hand. For some reason I can't attach pics on here says they are to large of a file

It is not the extra clearance header

I guess that is why Hurricane offers the extra clearance header. Personally, I would remove the header and either replace it with a header that doesn't cause issues or go back to a stock exhaust manifold as I think you will end up with heat damage again.

I guess that is why Hurricane offers the extra clearance header. Personally, I would remove the header and either replace it with a header that doesn't cause issues or go back to a stock exhaust manifold as I think you will end up with heat damage again.
I gave Dave a call this morning, waiting for his reply on what to do here, I do have someone I know running same header on a Thundercat no issues, im not trying to be cheap if I have to I will get the added clearance, ill have to get back on here when I hear back from Dave and see what he wants me to do. Thanks for your reply I had no idea about the difference in the headers

Back