• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP! 2020 SRX Coolant leak leads to electrical Gremlin

I miss working on my Winder. It was very easy! Just spent some time wrenching the new 850 and man o man, what a PAIN IN #*$&@ to work on these sleds! Its like BRP designed it to be HARD to work on! Plastics removal alone causes lots of swearing! LOL....

Dan

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the post. Dan, you went to a 850? I went to a Doo 850 in 2018, fun, light sled. About that tone, I was going to disconnect the battery but had no tone the next morning, so ….if it ain't broke no more.... I believe I need a Yamaha computer to get that code out. Definitely not the gas tank venting. I tried to post a video here but couldn't figure out how to get it done. Kept saying the file was too large. This sled is so cool, love the way the hood comes off. Anyone have a manual on these Windrs? or DVD? They won't sell me one. To answer the Question of why not take it back to the dealership, I don't live near a dealer and I purchased this machine 5 hours away. I like to think of it as an opportunity to get to know her. As for the leak, it says Artic Cat on the muffler, need I say more. I always thought I was savvy enough, DANG.
Thanks, its good to be back....and in black!

M

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the post. Dan, you went to a 850? I went to a Doo 850 in 2018, fun, light sled. About that tone, I was going to disconnect the battery but had no tone the next morning, so ….if it ain't broke no more.... I believe I need a Yamaha computer to get that code out. Definitely not the gas tank venting. I tried to post a video here but couldn't figure out how to get it done. Kept saying the file was too large. This sled is so cool, love the way the hood comes off. Anyone have a manual on these Windrs? or DVD? They won't sell me one. To answer the Question of why not take it back to the dealership, I don't live near a dealer and I purchased this machine 5 hours away. I like to think of it as an opportunity to get to know her. As for the leak, it says Artic Cat on the muffler, need I say more. I always thought I was savvy enough, DANG.

M

Muskrat, The noise you heard IS the gas tank venting. It is NOT an electronic gremlin. The vent has a valve that is made to hold pressure, when the tank warms up, the vapor expands and it vents and whistles. The exhaust and tunnel heats the tanks, it whistles when venting in or out.

Sit on the the seat and it pressures the tank, get off the seat and the pressure reduces and it quits venting. When the pressure is high enough it will vent. I'm telling you this is what you were hearing.

Code 22 is air intake temp sensor.
85AB3A8C-0BB0-4907-A48B-533908574EAF.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

M
Become a VIP member and you get access to a shop manual.

It's brand new,take it back to the dealer and let them sort it out. You must have gotten a great deal on that thing to drive 5 hrs to buy it. Which is all good until you have to bring it back for service. You can take it to a dealer closer and they could look at it for you, it should be covered under warranty. I don't know how a leaking hose clamp can cause an electrical problem.

I miss working on my Winder. It was very easy! Just spent some time wrenching the new 850 and man o man, what a PAIN IN #*$&@ to work on these sleds! Its like BRP designed it to be HARD to work on! Plastics removal alone causes lots of swearing! LOL....

Dan

That's too bad, on my 2010 and 2015 I thought Ski Doo's were easy to wrench on.

Muskrat, The noise you heard IS the gas tank venting. It is NOT an electronic gremlin. The vent has a valve that is made to hold pressure, when the tank warms up, the vapor expands and it vents and whistles. The exhaust and tunnel heats the tanks, it whistles when venting in or out.

Sit on the the seat and it pressures the tank, get off the seat and the pressure reduces and it quits venting. When the pressure is high enough it will vent. I'm telling you this is what you were hearing.

Code 22 is air intake temp sensor.
View attachment 150400
I second this, even after assuring us its not, I dont believe you, would have to see it to believe its not the tank.....would bet money on it.

It's brand new,take it back to the dealer and let them sort it out. You must have gotten a great deal on that thing to drive 5 hrs to buy it. Which is all good until you have to bring it back for service. You can take it to a dealer closer and they could look at it for you, it should be covered under warranty. I don't know how a leaking hose clamp can cause an electrical problem.
so, 5hr drive and leave it to have them tell you the tank is venting like every other one on the planet. time is money

Obviously he doesn't think that's the problem Mr 4strokes.

All you fellas need avatars.
I just can't take a guy serious without a pic of who or what you are.
After 100 posts it's like a 30 year old guy living in his parents' basement.

Dan
Same with 900t a wastegate adjustment is pain to do and clutches need a whole kit of tools to d to disassemble!!!

Thanks for the post Mike, glad to see you're still wrenching in Welch. We met years ago, shortly after your Warrior track incident. You did some extravert drivers and a track for me, nice work btw. So how do you become a VIP member, would love to get a manual on this thing so I can get educated.

M

Back