• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with XTX

Maine-Rider said:
dirkdiggler said:
Maine-Rider said:
Thanks for all the info/imput. I just cant make up my mind. I really like me Nytro XTX but am sick of getting sore after riding.

Anyone else?

Have you ever though about have your shocks re-valved for your weight and riding style?

Nope. Will that help with the heavy steering?

Call Hy-gear and talk to them, they have the package to fix your issues..

Maine-Rider said:
That may take care of the heavy steering but theres still the heaviness off trail.

it sounds like you want to move on. I can't say I blame you! I think people got sold a bill of goods on the xtx. I can tell you I to feel tired when I get of my rtxse. However I think I ride that sled harder then any sled Ive owned. When the bumps get big I ride just as hard. I would never do that on my apex.

You can get a better ride with good handling. You are never going to make it feel lite.

Have you driven a 600 Etec yet?, I was sure I would love it too, after having two good days in on my Nytro having it dialed in, which was not easy then jumping on a 2010 600 etec it felt like a 250 Bravo, low riding position and no power..Had to have the Nytro back...

dirkdiggler said:
Maine-Rider said:
dirkdiggler said:
Maine-Rider said:
Thanks for all the info/imput. I just cant make up my mind. I really like me Nytro XTX but am sick of getting sore after riding.

Anyone else?

Have you ever though about have your shocks re-valved for your weight and riding style?

Nope. Will that help with the heavy steering?

If the shocks are properly set you should be able to dial out heavy steering.

At what loss though Dirk, pushing in the corners? You take too much weight off those skis and it's gonna push. There is always give and take.

But on another note, every sled that I ever rode that corners like it's on rails tends to steer on the heavy side. I personally don't mind a little heavy steering for a sled that corners like a F1 car........

Mike

I will say it one more time, SNOWTRACKER'S! They will come as close to solving all your problem's as you can get. I have tried just about every thing, Ski's, Bergstrom's set up, Deuce bar's, Suspension set up's, etc. I have over 4,000 mi on my first set in central Wisconsin. Loading the rear of the ski with the rubber damper's as the Bergstrom set up does screws up the steering feel and makes it steer hard. Deuce bar's are an improvement but do not bite as well as the Tracker's. Don't sacrifice the benefit's of the Yamaha to try to avoid tuning your sled. kviper

Hygear tripple rate springs, Pilot 6.9 skis, tall wind shield, and the newer hand warmers really gets the XTX dialed in.

Unfortunalely the money and time needs to be spent.

But it really turned the Nytro from a ok handling, on the edge, tiring sled, to a great handling, ride all day, fun sled.

Well worth the time and money.

I got to say I am impressed With all you TY er's. Most brand forum's you go on if you even speek of anther brand or let it known you want or did buy a different brand they would chew you a new #*$&@ hole at the least. Poo on HCS has to be the worst for it. Anyway, ;)! to all you TY er's as I feel the same way, ride what you want and what best fit's you. All brand's have something good too offer. :Rockon:

kviper said:
I will say it one more time, SNOWTRACKER'S! They will come as close to solving all your problem's as you can get. I have tried just about every thing, Ski's, Bergstrom's set up, Deuce bar's, Suspension set up's, etc. I have over 4,000 mi on my first set in central Wisconsin. Loading the rear of the ski with the rubber damper's as the Bergstrom set up does screws up the steering feel and makes it steer hard. Deuce bar's are an improvement but do not bite as well as the Tracker's. Don't sacrifice the benefit's of the Yamaha to try to avoid tuning your sled. kviper

Never got that feeling with shimming the rubbers. If anything it gets lighter, because now the runner is pivoting off the center of the runner, instead of the front of the runner, which makes it steer lighter. Without shimming the rubbers, the sled darts like crazy and is very heavy to steer because the front of the runners are pushed down to the front of the skis. Just my take on it..... Shimming the skis in my mind is the best mod to help cure the darting.

SNOWTRACKER'S, look like if they grab anything, they are going to rip the front end off the sled. How much speed does it scrub off on top end? I know precisions and/or Simmons scrub off speed up top..

Thanks for the kind words BooBoo, TY is for the most part a great bunch of people trying to help each other making the most out of their sleds.

We don't tolerate bashing of any brands on TY, that's why it's kinda sivilized in here.

BTW - I used to ride Artic Cats back in the late 80s and the 90s but I always had 2 or 3 sleds back then so there were a Yamaha in my garage as a backup :)

rxrider
TY Management

Still dont know what I should do. I love the Nytro motor and the quality of the sled. Just gets heavy riding and you can feel it at the end of the day.

BTW, how did the topic title get changed?

Maine-Rider said:
Still dont know what I should do. I love the Nytro motor and the quality of the sled. Just gets heavy riding and you can feel it at the end of the day.

You still have an open invitation to come up and try mine with the snow trackers next winter...in fact I have friends with XP's who would probably let you try them.

It got changed by one of the moderators on TY (not me tho). We do this to better reflect the topic of the thread to make it easier to know what the thread are about when reading the topic title :)

rxrider
TY Management

upei93 said:
Maine-Rider said:

You still have an open invitation to come up and try mine with the snow trackers next winter...in fact I have friends with XP's who would probably let you try them.

I appreciate the invite. Only thing is your a good 8-9+ hours from my house.

I'm less then six hours to Bangor...I would like to get over to Fort Kent on my sled (went to school there) I just have to get around to getting a pasport one day.

Back