• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with XTX

upei93 said:
I'm less then six hours to Bangor...I would like to get over to Fort Kent on my sled (went to school there) I just have to get around to getting a pasport one day.

Im a good 2 hours from Bangor.

I can recommend riding up in Northern Maine and Quebec in Canada, best 14 days of riding I've ever had. Visited hondo aka Bob Davis in February 2010.

Maine-Rider said:
Still dont know what I should do. I love the Nytro motor and the quality of the sled. Just gets heavy riding and you can feel it at the end of the day.

BTW, how did the topic title get changed?

Would love to say why it got changed. It's just not worth the fight.

You can PM me or MrSled and tell us your opinion.
I just explained why it was changed, I take it you can read.

Maine-Rider said:
Anymore input?

Hit up a few people who have put on a rider forward steering post relocator. It will make the Nytro's steering more natural, less up and down on the bars when you turn them. You will also see dramatically improved throw-around-ability while off trail riding. My .02

scmurs

If you need a lighter sled there is only 2 choises.
1. buy one that is lighter from the factory
2. rebuild what your have with lightweight parts and remove as much as your can from the sled.

I lost more than 80 pounds from my old RX-1... can be done.

Put a two wheel kit on the back and get rid of the three they act like outriggers doing this was the biggest improvement I've made and trust me I've done alot. Let out your limiters a hole and lighten your front shocks, this takes off ski-pressure. If you want more lighten your skid frame shocks especially your center shock. All of this his will lighten up the heavy feeling if it doesn't corner like you want it to then you can adjust your torsion rods in the back and get some back. I throw mine around like a rag doll and I only weight 175 lbs sidehilling and whatever.

I know what you mean though, it's a challenge getting these dialed in but when you do you'll be grinning ear to ear. Also know that what I told you will cause hifax wear you may want to put in another set or two of two of wheels. Stock setting generally blow on everything.... mess with it and go in small increments just be patient it's worth it. I just put a ez-rdye in mine eat bumps like a fat kid eats hamburgers. Can't wait for snow!!!!

I fought the handling of my XTX for half a year combined with heavy steering. Finally ponied up the coin for the the Hygear front and center springs and can't overstate the difference it made. I even went back to a more aggresive ski because of the difference it made in the steering effort. This sled is now PERFECT for me and I will put 10k miles on this sled. The weight of this sled is a non issue to me. In fact I don't care for sleds that are too light, they seem darty and react to every trail irregularity, even more so at higher speeds.
On a side note I had a chance to ride a bunch of the 2011 sleds back to back this year including the 800 Rush. The one thing that struck me the most is that after getting off a Yamaha sled to ANY other brand it felt like getting out of a Mercedes Benz into a KIA. Every thing else felt cheap in comparison.

This is all good info for me as I have ordered a 2011 xtx and am switching brands,hopefully the 11's have alot of the issues taken care of I also know that the 11's are coming with slp ski's. Any more input on this sled would be great as I do about 50% on 50% off trail. Any way I can't wait to get it.

xf800spro said:
This is all good info for me as I have ordered a 2011 xtx and am switching brands,hopefully the 11's have alot of the issues taken care of I also know that the 11's are coming with slp ski's. Any more input on this sled would be great as I do about 50% on 50% off trail. Any way I can't wait to get it.

Where did you here they were comig with SLP skis? I believe you may have been misinformed. If yo do 50 - 50 off and on trail, then you will want to switch to a Cobra track and Mountain skis.

Back