• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Adjustment?

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
I just installed my Yamaha HID's 2 weeks ago. The lows are too low and I outdrive the lights, the highs are into the trees! Do you guys find this as well? I went to adjust, but I can either go up with both or down with both, but not separately. Any ideas?

I adjusted my lights so that the high beam is were the low beam used to be. I ride on high beam all of the time. I switch to low beam only if i see a sled coming the other way or I am riding next to the road.

take the metal shields off the bulbs, it helps dispurse the light better so there is less definition where the beam shines and doesnt. I have 2 sets and one is with and one is without. I like without better.

it's not specific to HID's. It's a problem with the reflectors in the lens of the sled. Had same problem with the halogens and it persisted with the HID's. I might take one bulb mechanism apart to see if the amount that the bulb moves can be adjusted.

stopdropanroll said:
ldb said:
take the metal shields off the bulbs, it helps dispurse the light better so there is less definition where the beam shines and doesnt. I have 2 sets and one is with and one is without. I like without better.

DING, X2

Won't that cause blinding for oncoming sleds? The HID are already bright as-is. By letting undefined light straight out will make it worse.

Mooseman said:
stopdropanroll said:
ldb said:

DING, X2

Won't that cause blinding for oncoming sleds? The HID are already bright as-is. By letting undefined light straight out will make it worse.

This is very true, the HID's in the wrong housing are a total pain in the a$$ to look at, even worse when you take the deflectors out! I don't like looking at the sleds at night cause you cant see anything coming the other way!

I took my metal deflectors out when I installed the light and I still had a issue with the light adjustment also. The High beams are too high and the low beam is ok. I adjusted them down a little but haven't ridden at night since then. I will let you all know if its better. Next I was thinking of trying one bulb with the shield and on without. Has anybody done this?

HID

I agree
not impressed with HB
LB is better than stock
Actually the position of the LB/HB switch on the Nytro I find awkward..not sure if other think so?

Back