• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hot starting or not starting

TurboJamie

TY 4 Stroke God
This hot start or not start is getting annoying. Anyone in the loop know if there is any sort of remedy coming down the pipeline. I asked Chris on his Blog and he things the AC guys are working on it but what a PITA. Stuck at the gas pumps today for 15 mins trying to get it running. It floods for sure by watching the AFR gauge when it fires.

Anyone else experience this, doesn't seem as bad when its cold out but today was only -2* and it was very hard to start. Only shut it off for fuel and lunch otherwise had to leave it running.

I spoke with my dealer today on this issue, his lead tech is leaning towards mapping or an O2 sensor.

You beat me to posting about this. i am also wondering if anyone has heard of a fix. Happened all day today. Mine isn't consistent at all either. During the day today after numerous shut downs...some times it will start right up and other times I will have to let it crank away. At my last stop (I thought it wasn't going to start) I turned the key and it started right up but stalled immediately. Cranked again but this time it was popping etc while trying to start and it finally started but as soon as I blurrped the throttle it died again. I let it sit for a minute then she fired up and I was able to drive away. Embarrassing as there were other snowmobilers sitting there watching this debacle.

only once or twice have I had an issue and I just shut the key off and bumped the throttle and then hit the key and fired right up.

I will say ours fires instantly if you open the throttle a bit, but it also takes off instantly as well. Its sort of a two man job one guy holds the brake the other holds the key and the throttle. Or you have the clear a path in front for 50' as it literally takes off when it lights.

It was quite the procedure at the gas station once I figured out it would not start and went back to "assist" LOL.

TurboJamie said:
I will say ours fires instantly if you open the throttle a bit, but it also takes off instantly as well. Its sort of a two man job one guy holds the brake the other holds the key and the throttle. Or you have the clear a path in front for 50' as it literally takes off when it lights.

It was quite the procedure at the gas station once I figured out it would not start and went back to "assist" LOL.

Maybe use the parking brake for safety? Might eliminate the extra person

yamaha1973 said:
TurboJamie said:

Maybe use the parking brake for safety? Might eliminate the extra person
It wont hold it from moving.

Yamadog said:
only once or twice have I had an issue and I just shut the key off and bumped the throttle and then hit the key and fired right up.

X2

Acks like a throttle positioning sensor. Known of several issues with cats. Not bashing btw.

Warm starting is a nightmare. sometimes it starts with a little throttle, sometimes it doesn't.
eventually it always starts, just like my old tractor.

TurboJamie said:
This hot start or not start is getting annoying. Anyone in the loop know if there is any sort of remedy coming down the pipeline. I asked Chris on his Blog and he things the AC guys are working on it but what a PITA. Stuck at the gas pumps today for 15 mins trying to get it running. It floods for sure by watching the AFR gauge when it fires.

Anyone else experience this, doesn't seem as bad when its cold out but today was only -2* and it was very hard to start. Only shut it off for fuel and lunch otherwise had to leave it running.

That's just crap...The Cat guys are working on it??? It's a friggin Yamaha isn't it? What a joke take a proven for five years bullet proof engine and let Cat F the thing up...Nice going Yamaha!! And forget CR too he gets paid to sell sleds.

RobWarrior said:
TurboJamie said:

That's just crap...The Cat guys are working on it??? It's a friggin Yamaha isn't it? What a joke take a proven for five years bullet proof engine and let Cat F the thing up...Nice going Yamaha!! And forget CR too he gets paid to sell sleds.
x3

Warm starting sucks. Same as the AC product. Yamaha has virtually nothing to do with this sled. Yamaha has left the building.....CR is very busy pushing the dampener...huh?

Not being a dick but maybe try Arctichat? Maybe some of the cat guys will know something?

Back