• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hotel Recommendations in a or near Houghton/Hancock?

heychubba

My buddies and I are planning a trip next week up to Copper Harbor in the UP and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a hotel in the Houghton/Hancock area that is close to the trail? It doesn't have to be anything fancy but we would like a hot tub. Thanks in advance.

That sounded great but... I called and they are booked. The lady on the phone told me to try the AmericInn in Calumet. Any luck there?

I stayed at the best western, its ok. They offer heated garage parking for the sleds so that rules. The ramada has outstanding food HUGE portions so if you plan on drinking late dont eat there, I had to switch to GIN because I was too full for beer :)

We stayed at the americinn in Clumet and paid the front desk clerk $20 to keep the hot tub open till 2am :)

All fun :)

I've stayed at both the Best Western in Houghton, and the American Inn in Calumet. Both are nice the only thing for me was the night life in Houghton, (walking distance) and the Best Western having a bar. The Ramada though is my #1 choice, can't beat their contenential breakfast. I'm going up to Houghton next weekend and the Ramada was booked also, so I'm staying at the Best Western in Houghton

Better start calling now. I called 5 different places and all were booked for the next three weekends.

There is a very nice place in twin lakes (I don't remember the name), south of Houghton, it only about 45 minutes ride to Houghton.

The muffin works crew will be at the Ramada on march 4th thru the 8th. So if any one is up let us know.

Back