• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how did you guys fix a bent spindle

ger

Expert
I bent my spindle today , not much but a bit , I know some guys did the same thing and fixed it . I have searched but didnt find anything.

What did you guys do to fix it .?
Thanks
Gerry

No problem with the comment indy , I will replace it but I am going away on Wed and cant do it before I go .

I have read that a few people did straighten it . Nothing is cracked .

I need a left one too and this is my post airworf .
JK , maybe we can firnd two
Ger

Right now there are three spindles on ebay Item number: 7131427961
Looks like he wants $5 a piece. Not sure if they are the right ones. Location is Carlsbad Springs, Ontario. Temporary solution might be a torch and a malet but not very safe in my opinion.

No I was just pulling your leg , sorry I was joking .

I will let you know if I find some though

Lift the front end slightly so that it pulls the skis in the air a little bit. Pull out the A Arm bolts, it's pretty easy.

Spindle cost me around 300 if I remember right. I actually bent mine enough last year where I couldn't turn right.

Sorry for the confusion on this post , I am going to change it but what I needed to know is some guys repaired the bent one . I dont know if they heated it , or just pressed it or banged it back straight . I do know how to change it , I just dont have time before I go away this week.
Sorry for any confusion.
Retail for the part in Canada is $255 (+tax of course)
Ger

If you are talking about the spindle and not the knuckle I Put mine in a press and straightened it. My knuckle was bent also drove a piece of pipe throuth it and that worked good enough,until back ordered parts came in.
Make sure you check a-arms and bolts that hold a-arms on they were bent also.

I need the left one , send me a pic just to be sure we are talking about the same thing here and email a $$ fugure too .
laurien@netcom.ca

Needs to be the 03 rx also
Thanks

I beleive they are same for either side, only one part number on the catalog. Half of retail is going rate for used parts, $35 plus shipping ea.

Attachments

• spindle.jpg
    spindle.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 116
I know this is a little off topic but freak, how are our spindals working out for you?

Back