• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How important are skid frame washers ?

on my 2008 Nytro rtx, when putting skid back in, I could not get the two washers that are placed between the inside of the front tunnel and the skid to stay in place, tried some grease , and they still fell out every time I tried to put the skid in, so I left them out.
Just wondering what kind of issues that might cause?
I pulled and yanked on the skid after installing, I could not feel any side to side play, but I can’t help but think somehow it might cause issues, those washers are about sixteenth or eighth inch thick.

on my 2008 Nytro rtx, when putting skid back in, I could not get the two washers that are placed between the inside of the front tunnel and the skid to stay in place, tried some grease , and they still fell out every time I tried to put the skid in, so I left them out.
Just wondering what kind of issues that might cause?
I pulled and yanked on the skid after installing, I could not feel any side to side play, but I can’t help but think somehow it might cause issues, those washers are about sixteenth or eighth inch thick.
I wouldn't go without them.usually help keep arms /bushings from pinching against the tunnel so that the arms&bushings can still move freely.use a lineup punch thru the bolt holes to hold washer in until you have everything in place

I use a strip of electrical tape across the tops of each and stick to the black arms. Just peel off when installed.

What are you guys talking about? I recently pulled the skid on my new to me 08' RTX for the first time and it was bolted to the tunnel like any other Yamaha skid I have pulled. The front arm uses through bolts with washers behind the nuts on the inside of the front arm. I looked at Yamaha micro fiche and my Yamaha Nytro Service manual and I don't see where there are washers between the front arm shaft and the tunnel? G.B.

All I know is when I pulled my skid out, they were between the skid and the
Tunnel, which is where I tried to put them back.
I’ll see if I can find it on a microfiche.
I thought these were in place to prevent contact between tunnel and skid, but now I’m hearing a post they go elsewhere.
Is it possibly different for the xtx and rtx .
?

That’s interesting, I did look at the microfiche, it does show the washer on the front skid arm being placed next to the nut, for those looking at microfiche, I think the washer is #9 on the parts list, so if this is the case, mine were never in the correct location I guess, but it seemed like the tunnel was recessed for a washer there, but, anything was possible, since my sled was bought used as well.
So, No washers between skid and tunnel.

I again have looked at the Yamaha micro fiche and my Yamaha service manual picture below, and only see where the washer goes right behind the nut on the front arm like evey other Yamaha I have worked on. Sorry the picture is sideways:) G.B.

Skid.jpg

NP. going thru this 08' Nytro for the first time I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some washers too. Thanks. G.B.

Back