• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many have bought the Hurricane alignment tool ,and used it .?

krm

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
sidewinder 850 mxz,850xrs 850xrs 900t22Mach Z
If you haven't ,most will be surprised how much their driven is out of wack .

Mine was not too far off but my bud's that blew several belts was way out. We had to take a bunch off the back of his secondary to bring it in. NOt once problem with belts since in 1800 miles. 2500 and no belts broken for me and all at 250+.

Jester

How much does the tool cost?? Can you just purchase the alignment tool..or do you have to buy a flash from them??

When you say you had to take a bunch off the back of the driven...do you mean machine it away/off?? Wouldn’t that weaken the clutch overall??

It's like $100 ,don't need to buy the flash .There's a video of it on his site .I just used a grinder ,kept checking with my calipers ,then when i was real close ,finished up on my belt sander ,was spot on .You machine or grind as i did the backside of shaft that hits the jackshaft bearing ,Remove the shim also .When you measure if you do like i did you'll see 3 dots on the backside of the driven ,Use these as a reference when grinding ,you measure 3 times per grind .Go slow .

Last edited:
It's like $100 ,don't need to buy the flash .There's a video of it on his site .I just used a grinder ,kept checking with my calipers ,they when i was real close ,finished up on my belt sander ,was spot on .You machine or grind as i did the backside of shaft that hits the jackshaft bearing ,Remove the shim also .When you measure if you do like i did you'll see 3 dots on the backside of the driven ,Use these as a reference when grinding ,you measure 3 times per grind .Go slow .

So your not actually grinding the sheave..but the shaft on the back of the sheave...is that right??

That is right

Hurricane...what’s the difference between your tool, and the tool that the YAMAHA dealers use to check offset/alignment on our Winders??

The Hurricane tool was made for the SW.Yamaha has no specific tool for alignment of the SW.

The Hurricane tool was made for the SW.Yamaha has no specific tool for alignment of the SW.

Oh ok..good to know! Thanks krm.

Was just on his site..found a clutch alignment tool, but it just says to help align your Yamaha clutches(nothing about specifically the Sidewinder??). Is this the one you’re talking about for the Sidewinder?? It’s 89.99 US dollars. Or is there another one specifically for the Winder.

And no video...it’s gone. If anybody has the video, or knows where to find it, I’d love to see it???

Look up Hurricane clutch alignment tool on Face Book

Video doesn't work for me either
Just checked the video, try going to the clutch alignment tool and there are 2 videos in that area, they worked for me.

Reactions: krm

Back