• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Many Miles On Your Sled This Season?

I think I’ve put on about 2500kms, fiancé has put on just over 2000kms on hers. We’ve got one more trip planned for Mattawa in about 2 weeks, then probably going to pack it in as well. Just bought 2 oil change kits, chaincase lube, sliders, and a few other maintenance products today just so I’m ready to put them to bed! It’s actually one of my favourite times of the season..all the maintenance!

It was a beautiful day this past Saturday in Southern Ontario and was the last day to ride from home, and we just stayed inside...had no motivation to go out. I find if your sledding constantly the novelty wears off quick.

2950km (1850 miles). That will be all for this season as the mild weather is here. Temps hit 5C here today and the sun is chewing it up quickly. Snow dropped about a foot here today. Bare spots in feilds and on trails. Looking at 10C and rain on the weekend. Put the sleds into storage last night.

I am catching up to you guys even with 3 weeks missed on Viper with the fuse issue. Almost 900mi this past weekend trouble free and round trip right from home which is best part! Hoping MrSled organizes another TY ride in Muni!
48FB1A9C-6A32-4DEE-B246-0EBED67F6FC7.jpeg
BCC25112-6C49-496B-A5F9-BBB7E562D4E7.jpeg

It would have been a fantastic winter if there was ride-able snow in Feb. Zero snow cover here for the month. It's getting harder and harder to get miles on from the back door every yr. Had to load up in early Jan and head to NB and Quebec for 1000 km ride. Loaded up on Mar 1st and headed to western PEI to get a couple of days running in.

Just over 1400 miles so far. Heading out on a ride here shortly. Rain coming in Tuesday night though Friday with 40 and 50° temps. We'll see what happens after that. We still have 30"+ on the ground! Winter to remember!
Yep, rode up in that area last weekend. The rain and warmer temps will make a huge difference. I think I hung it up for the season. 2400 miles I'll stop when I've had excellent rides every single weekend all season.

Did 562 miles in one day for charity event then one week later did 700.4 miles in one day for the same charity. Total for this season is 2,386.

Last edited:
When I finally got my sled together last year after all of the mods I only got to ride it 3 times for 300 miles total,unfortunately the rear suspension I was sold was a made up 121/136 hybrid that destroyed the slides&rails in those 300 miles I had to buy& replace the entire rear skid again,rear arm &brackets&idler wheels to make it a real 136 as yamaha had designed .well after I got it together I just did 1200 miles in the gaspe (quebec) for a memorial ride for my brother dan who i lost 10 years ago&had no slide wear at all,amazing weather&great trails.we still have plenty of snow so expect my mileage to go up with more trips planned.Thanks to henseljg2,winderallday,redbeard &some other vendors for the great parts,service&info to get my sled working like it should have last year

When I finally got my sled together last year after all of the mods I only got to ride it 3 times for 300 miles total,unfortunately the rear suspension I was sold was a made up 121/136 hybrid that destroyed the slides&rails in those 300 miles I had to buy& replace the entire rear skid again,rear arm &brackets&idler wheels to make it a real 136 as yamaha had designed .well after I got it together I just did 1200 miles in the gaspe (quebec) for a memorial ride for my brother dan who i lost 10 years ago&had no slide wear at all,amazing weather&great trails.we still have plenty of snow so expect my mileage to go up with more trips planned.Thanks to henseljg2,winderallday,redbeard &some other vendors for the great parts,service&info to get my sled working like it should have last year
Also i had very warm hands,thanks rockmeister

Yes was last night. Pmed you. If I remove relays then batt fuse pops.
I wish I saw this post before, sorry for the late response.
Does the Bat-Fuse trip every time? How many times have you tested the theory with relays removed and ISC fuse removed?
I would start using a smaller amp fuse for testing. I will Take a look at the Diagram again.

2445 miles so far, hoping for 3k with one trip left weather permitting, which is a personal record for me. Usually only average 1500 per season and it took a lot of planning to get that with organizing wife or buddies to get away for a ride. Well this season that has changed, I now ride no matter what, yes riding a lot on my own. I picked up my XTX in October with 775 miles and went over sled top to bottom and then off to ride, now sitting at 3220 miles. It is nice to leave home base and know with Yamaha reliability, and a little preseason maintenance you will have a trouble free day out on the trails. My biggest worry is the riders coming at me ridding like it is a one way trail/personal race course and it belongs to them.
Will plan to attend some TY rides next season to get some group riding and a chance to meet the great group of members we have on here from the best snowmobile website.

Back