• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Calling all Winder Mechanics..

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
My Bud has a 2017 winder that drives and runs perfect then suddenly spikes and wants to over heat. It’s crazy one minute you can drive it for 150 miles the then pow. This sled has been a problem since day one with a cracked head and so on. Buts it’s been fine but only for a few hundred miles and now this. Thinking head gasket or thermostat. Thoughts?

Might want to try some water wetter to help get rid of any pockets of air too.

Could have air in the system . Bleed it over by tank by the turbo see if any air comes out.
Might want to try some water wetter to help get rid of any pockets of air too.
Could be. It’s just strange that it went 200 miles and now it’s acting stupid.

My winder is very sensitive to low snow. I had it on the lake lake weekend and was ripping around and it got hot really fast. There was just a dusting of snow and I had to drag my feet to get it cooled down. Just got some scratchers from BOP yesterday.

While you are in there, I suggest a full flush of the system. If you have never used a vacuum/venturi based coolant filler they are amazing for this and worth the scratch.

happened to me once, put on scratchers and never had a problem since. like SRX70001 said, these sleds don't like low snow. It's a real sinking feeling when that over heat happens.

Back