• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many trouble free miles?

Zrxpilot

Pro
Maybe I am reading too much into this. Some of these threads are scaring me. $300.00 starters going up in smoke, solenoids need updating, a $250.00 update to get it to crank faster, sloppy steering, big hole in the tunnel that needs covered up, the lack of a cooling fan...I mean wtf? You would think some of this stuff would have showed up in testing.

Have any of you ridden your Phazer like 2000 miles and not done a thing?

Maybe I am just paranoid but it seems to me a late model four stroke anything should get at least 2000 miles of riding (normal riding) before it needs anything.

My 05 Yamaha R-1 has never been in the shop. My 99 Kawasaki ZRX 1100 was never in the shop, my 94 FZR 1000 was never in the shop....

Hell even my fat pig Harley has never been in the shop.

The Nytro board has its share of depressing threads too. Its almost enough to make me sell it and go back to two strokes.

Rant over

I had a Vector with zero problems, also some friends with phazers that are 100% bone stock with very little problems. All depends on the type of riding you do. Groomed trails compared to off trail pounding are two totally different animals.

You have to remember people are not going to ask for help with a machine that is running fine. Most posting are asking for help.

Also alot of the updates are to make it better not fix a problem.

Closing the tunnel is to get rid of snow buildup, Not as much needed on groomed trails. bushing kit is a better option than OEM.
Fan is more or less for insurance when sitting idle....ETC. ALL machines have plusses and negatives.

Another thing, like im my case i bought a machine and had to pay for the mistakes of the previous owner.

07 Phazer pushing 1000 miles and an 06 Vector Mtn SE with almost 2000 miles with Zero problems other than hifax issues. All miles are mountain miles. Full throttle most times.

I dont consider bushings,slides,joints and such failures.Wear items.If you dont count those last 2 seasons have been absolutely trouble free and even the first 2 seasons it never left me stranded.I am now around 8000mi and this is the point when owning a Yamaha really starts to pay off.I believe my sled is now better than new and I would be confident to go on a cross country trip.Just need more time and of course snow to ride more!

i hear ya.. i drive toyotas and have had honda sport bies and quads.

I think snowmobiles all togeather are just not as well made as other ATVs and bikes.. i just dont think they sell enough of them to put the RnD and testing into them as they do with the other power sport products.

and the whole rear skid just has alot of moving parts and wear items...

brad d said:
i hear ya.. i drive toyotas and have had honda sport bies and quads.

I think snowmobiles all togeather are just not as well made as other ATVs and bikes.. i just dont think they sell enough of them to put the RnD and testing into them as they do with the other power sport products.

and the whole rear skid just has alot of moving parts and wear items...
Before the four-stroke error most sleds were traded or sold before these wear issue surfaced.Its just the nature of the beast.As for atvs being more well designed?Outside of honda and yamaha they are pretty piss-poor efforts(all sizzle,no steak).We have two polaris atvs here in town with EPS that has failed after six-months(right after the warranty has gone :exc: )Cost to fix?$2000,ouch.Can,t really say yamaha sleds are less well designed when you can power 350+hp through the stock drivetrain(CVT,chaincase)without it blowing up.Yamahas got street cred when it comes to super-mod sleds withstanding insane HP levels.

I think for the phazers it is "mostly" the 2007 models that did not have all their updates done.

Mine was missing several that I would have to pay for now, previous owners fault.

Rear suspension center shock linkage? I think that was one that is expensive along with the cold start. If you aren't mechanicallly inclined and had these done now Im sure you'd be in for almost $1k (CAD). Just not sure why some owners didnt get all their FREE AT THE TIME updates done..?? :o| :o|

I have ridden 2050 km without any overheating or any troubles at all that is caused by the machine.

My 07 was absolutely plagued with problems. I would not ride it without a buddy and a tow strap. I feel confident now after having all the updates done, spending thousands on improving it and hundreds of hours working on it. I know what tools to bring, how to fix almost anything on it and where not to ride it. With that said, whoever buys it next will have one hell of a Phazer.

I think if I had a choice I would buy a brand new Phazer & put in a 136" ZX2 & an MPI @5psi.

I am still in love with the overall sled & rider position

MikeWalters said:
I think if I had a choice I would buy a brand new Phazer & put in a 136" ZX2 & an MPI @5psi.

I am still in love with the overall sled & rider position

Yes, me too. But I would just use my 09 and put one on. This sled has treated me great and the only real problems have been self induced.

I personally think theese are one of the most reliable sleds out there.
I put over 3000 hard ridden km's on my '07 last year with a loose engine mount bolt being the only issue. I even have the facory drive belt on it still.

I work at a ski resort and my friend works at a neighboring one. Both hills' fleet is now almost exclusively Ventures. Some of theese sleds can see over 30,000km in a season. Stators and fuel pumps sart to fail around the 20,000km mark. We have had zero engine/drivetrain failures.

I bought mine last season with the remainder of YES warranty. Took the paperwork to the dealer and found what had been done on it.
"W" bracket was still original, the only thing not done (had fan, cold start, etc). Rode it for a bit then after the sliders wore out I took the whole skid back them to look at. I expressed my concern of them knowing #*$&@ was bound to break sooner or later & it was a problem with me. He made a few calls and I got the whole $5oo+ update kit installed FOC a week later.
Starter crapped out too, fixed as well.

YES runs out in Febuary :o| Seems to be "reliable" now...

Back