• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to repair your heat shielding

Ruckus

TY 4 Stroke Master
I split the muffler so I dissasembled the exhaust and welded it back together. Heat wrap is 3 years old...not too bad at all. The heat shield was toast so this is how I made it new again.

I cut up header wrap to the appropriate length to cover the inside of the shield. Then I used some 3M adhesive to stick it on there (a light spray). Then I layered reflective foil tape 3 times in opposite directions. Afterwards I did the same to the top of the heat shield. The wavy lines you see on the header wrap is UV fading, but not of any concern.

Gave it a couple of heat cycles to burn off the glue and took it for a 4 hour powder run yesterday. So far so good. It stinks and smokes at first so I just took off the side panels to allow some ventilation.

Nice!I replaced mine once already.Looking like will need it again next year.Will try your fix to save some $.

Back