• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hurricane blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ringer and I have talked and we will likely get it worked out to help him.
Machzrobbie,,we have someware between 75 to 100 Hurricane Blocks around the world.Not including my own,there has been 3 blocks brake.1 at 31lbs boost with 13to 1 compression,1 at 450hp on pump gas with detonation and Ringers

TWIN TURBO said:
Wow,
I have a Simons CPR Superman block that looks exactly like Quantum Velocity's block, and I mean exactly. I was going to call Simon and ask if he will warranty the block, but we are not on speaking terms right now. In all fairness, I believe when you get to a power level above 500HP, and I was well over that, the cylinder pressure to make that power get higher than the block can handle. The aluminum is sooo thin on these blocks it goes beyond it's strengh to hold itself together. I did NOT detonate it. I build these engine's regularly and with my Fuel Injection and Ignition System, I have control of what it takes to make power without detonating the engine in the process. But when you cross the REAL 500HP mark this can happen without Detonation. Ya, I know there are many that claim to make 550 and 600HP but if it's real they won't live, at least not what I call 550/600HP. Sleeves like someone said strenghten the cylinder wall but MAY even weaken the block. IF you don't deonate the engine, the cylinders are not the weak link, it's the block that will fail just like above. That's my 2 cents worth. :flag:

greg, after you stole credit for my work and your still trying to play it off as your own...yes were done.

whose block do you have thats cracked exactly like that??? lets see some pictures of it.
the engine /turbo combo of mine that you bought won the top fuel race at haydays and ran 170 mph in 1000 ft. it had close to 300 passes on it and never cracked the block, and then set a new max hp dyno record at your shop.

you know the one your still bragging about on your website......the (GNS TURBO) as you call it...it was the only professional snowmobile race you ever won and you did absolutly nothing to earn it...a guy even complemented you on how well your EFI must have been running to win the class and you didn't even have the guts to tell him it had my carburetors on it.... fact is it was my complete race engine and turbo combo that won that race, again,..... nothing of yours.

face it greg....your still trying to bad mouth me because i called you on stealing credit for my work and made you look like a fool.

you think that by making a play on words you can justify what your trying to do????

it was not a (GNS TURBO)...as your website says.... it was a Simons CPR carburated, race engine/ turbo combo built by simons cpr....not gns enterprises, powerbygns, gns turbo, etc.

greg....i see a guy made a post asking about your discount chinese connecting rods...did you tell him how they hit the block and how the fit is too tight on the upper rod pin, etc, etc...how do i know this..because you sold me a set of these claiming how great they were and didn't cost nearly what the carrillo rods cost...and after we found and fixed inherent design and manufacturing flaws that would have been catastrophic failures....you finally told me that you never even used a set of them yourself...wtf??

notice i didn't feel the need to tear you down in that connecting rod post
thats because your not worth my time...but now you want to try and bad mouth me somemore???

for the record...i'll stick with the carrillo rods...the 500 bucks you save isn't worth the loss of quailty,

if anyone else whats to read on how twisted this guy is, here is a link to a post where he rips the volenteers at the weinne roast race this year in cable. and then goes on to try and rip me and my products apart.

heres the link to that post.... http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/forums/t/70247.aspx

he is basically pissed off because his personal apex race turbo with his efi on it got beat by one of our old cpr turbo race sleds owned by paul pucker...this engine has been raced for over 4 years without a teardown and had no problem handing gregs sled his #*$&@.

john wheelock from proline has also raced a simons cpr race engine and turbo combo of our for over 4 years with outstanding success and absolutly no engine failures or cracked cases...

we were the first to address the block cracking issues and cure them, we made over 500 horsepower going on 6 years ago....we use steel sleeves on our superman blocks and then we nickasil the cylinder bores so the pistons and rings still have the same coefficentcy of drag, we then close deck the top of the block, and we weld the weak spots that are prone to cracking by the studs and install 12 mm studs...we were the first to do these mods before anyone...literally years ahead of anyone on these mods. our new engines are making close to 600 hp and running 7.64 sec 1/4 mile times at 178.4 mph in the 1/4 mile. we have done our homework and sleds that are set-up to our specs run hard and run hard for a long time.

so sling all the #*$&@ you want greg..your a poser, and you are intentionally misleading people with the information on your website. you stole my technology, called it your own, and are now trying to discount me to try and better yourself. i'll just let my sleds keep doing the talking. because you have done nothing but run your mouth and act as a poser. where my products have been continually proving themselves and setting world records. jeff

Quadzillaracer said:
headache said:
We have an Apex where block and headporting is done by Hurricane. This is a dragsled running on snow! Dynoed in Norway 28 # boost 480hp. Fuel 109 oct. Turbonetics turbo. Motor still running perfectly!

28 pounds of boost, 480 h.p. with only 109 octane fuel??????? Did I miss something?

I don't no if you are missing something:). We race 660' and with no methinjection!
The race fuel is Sunoco GT Pluss 109 RON.

[/img]

headache said:
Quadzillaracer said:
headache said:
We have an Apex where block and headporting is done by Hurricane. This is a dragsled running on snow! Dynoed in Norway 28 # boost 480hp. Fuel 109 oct. Turbonetics turbo. Motor still running perfectly!

28 pounds of boost, 480 h.p. with only 109 octane fuel??????? Did I miss something?

I don't no if you are missing something:). We race 660' and with no methinjection!
The race fuel is Sunoco GT Pluss 109 RON.

[/img]

Wow, I never heard of one of these engines surviving at close to 30 psi with only 109 octane fuel! Does the motor have much for a timing curve?

Take care

The timing is 32 degrees at wot! Motek ignition! I don't remember how many seconds the dyno session became, but that I can find out
Take care you to!

headache said:
The timing is 32 degrees at wot! Motek ignition! I don't remember how many seconds the dyno session became, but that I can find out
Take care you to!

So 28lb boost on 109 fuel and your adding 5 degree timing on the top end , apex stock timing a wot is 27 degrees .

gunnerthesnowman said:
headache said:
Take care you to!

So 28lb boost on 109 fuel and your adding 5 degree timing on the top end , apex stock timing a wot is 27 degrees .

where did you get the stock apex timing curve? id really like to see that!

turbor said:
gunnerthesnowman said:
headache said:
Take care you to!

where did you get the stock apex timing curve? id really like to see that!

Well , i which it was that easy as just ask for it , my sled has been tied up for that past two years doing R& D work on a complete fuel/timing standalone system , it was very easy to get it to come out of the hole and full throttle ( drag ) the hard part was to get the crisp clean throttle respone when in and out and back into the throttle , it is being set up and tested in the mountains , alot defferent then drag or trail sleds .

32 degrees of timing.... on MS109.... 28 pounds of boost. Your more brave than me!

if you an alcool as fuel, this would be perfect... but ms109.... not quite.

Well, it's working for us and with no issues so far!
They remaped the hole system in dyno for 3 days and the motor run so nice I could almost use it in the mountains!
I have the dynosheets here but I don't no how to post it!
I have a pictures of the fuelbarrel were the datainfo is! Someone has to explain how to post pics for me!
When I see the dynosheets I was wrong about hp vs boost! The correct numbers are 30 lbs of boost 480 hp # 10 864 rpm,
tork 370,3 NM(273,1 ft lb) # 7 284 rpm, bore close to 1100cc. comp 9,4;1.
Some of the reply from you is not nice and it make me feel like an bashing idiot!
I thougth this was a forum for sheering experience and help itch other!
Thanks!

headache said:
Well, it's working for us and with no issues so far!
They remaped the hole system in dyno for 3 days and the motor run so nice I could almost use it in the mountains!
I have the dynosheets here but I don't no how to post it!
I have a pictures of the fuelbarrel were the datainfo is! Someone has to explain how to post pics for me!
When I see the dynosheets I was wrong about hp vs boost! The correct numbers are 30 lbs of boost 480 hp # 10 864 rpm,
tork 370,3 NM(273,1 ft lb) # 7 284 rpm, bore close to 1100cc. comp 9,4;1.
Some of the reply from you is not nice and it make me feel like an bashing idiot!
I thougth this was a forum for sheering experience and help itch other!
Thanks!

With the MS109 fuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back