• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane secondary intercooler

A few frog skins in the panel above the cooler would allow alot of air in

Not really, been there done that with a huge hole and frogskinz right behind the stock cooler, didn't do much to cool the stock cooler...

Dam pic is sideways again.

Anyway, I have enough vents in the front and back of this thing to feed a jet turbine.

929C1195-D88F-46FF-8627-042C160D8EEA.jpeg

Last edited:

We rode 4 days in 3/5 ft of snow in the Black Hills this weekend. There was a BTX in our group they was climbing everything and couldn’t get stuck. We got to a restaurant and I looked at his grill and he was clean and I was plugged so bad you could se my cat grill. Well he had frog skin on the outside of his and I had none. I will be installing frog skin this week.

On my Viper I cut out the hood just under the headlight. It's actually part of the instructions for the MPI kit but I went with quite a bit further than the instructions. I brought it to a body line that made it look almost factory. Might be an option on the Sidewinder as well

Not really, been there done that with a huge hole and frogskinz right behind the stock cooler, didn't do much to cool the stock cooler...

Dam pic is sideways again.

Anyway, I have enough vents in the front and back of this thing to feed a jet turbine.

View attachment 152808

Big difference on trail or racing,

What air intake temperature are you seeing when going steady at 80mph down the trail on a 25°f day?
Also what tune are you running at that time?
Do not know never looked. On a 10 degree day doing repeated pulls with a plugged screen on the stock intercooler at 7k feet elevation running a 300ss Hurricane header tune I never saw more than 45 degrees.

Do not know never looked. On a 10 degree day doing repeated pulls with a plugged screen on the stock intercooler at 7k feet elevation running a 300ss Hurricane header tune I never saw more than 45 degrees.

When I am steady at 90 mph down the trail at part throttle my intake temp is 90°f.
Full throttle I have seen temps as high as 125°f.

Does anyone have any cooler that works on a trail sled and keeps the intake cool in warm weather, any brand aftermarket cooler they are happy with? No trail guys running the Hurricane secondary cooler anywhere with good info?

What I find is when in deep powder snow the intake actually runs cooler than if not in deep snow, on the stock cooler. Sounds stupid, but the snow actually cools the intake far better than the air going thru it would. UNTIL it freezes over and the snow can no longer get to it, but that takes me the whole day anyway and is not an issue because it comes into a heated garage everynight and gets thawed anyway and is ready for battle the next day.

I also find when its below say 10F-15F even in the 20's it also runs decently cool intake temps or will cool fairly quickly before the next hard blast. The problem is when it warms up into the high 20's low 30's.

Anybody open up the plastics between the two stock vents for additional air flow thru the intercooler?
58743.jpeg
58739.jpeg

If you open up in front, you also have to increase the airflow coming out, below and behind it. Vents in the rear of the cowl are just as/if not more important.

I plan on opening up the two side panels where the kick out is half way down the panel and also right where the side panels meet the gas tank cover. I run knee pads on the rear of the side panels so can't open much up there.

I notice after running behind someone then passing them i get snowdust thru secondary intercooler. I get water drops shooting out my vent ahead of handle bars and freezes on my cluster back of windshield and heated visor.

Back