• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hyfax saver wheel kit

09nytro

TY 4 Stroke God
With the excell wheel kit is anyboddy running the yamaha hyfax saver wheel kit with it or is it not needed.Im asking because i got one but yam. says to put it at bump stop or 1" down from it i was thinkin but looks like if the supen. bottoms out the front arm would hit the wheel

09nytro said:
Nobuddy has any inputt.....
Get the yamaha marginal kit that goes at the front of the skid where it curves and that should be it . SMA-8FA95-00-00

I picked up the X wheel kit (8 wheel) this fall and installed them. I have only been out once since the snow conditions here are terrible. But, with the crappy conditions I expected the sliders to stick for sure. I rode 70 miles that day and didn't feel them stick at all. I am pleased so far, but I guess they will be put to the real test later when we have enough snow to actually put on a good 300 mile day. I have no marginal wheel kit...don't think it would help all that much.

Bushcop241 said:
I picked up the X wheel kit (8 wheel) this fall and installed them. I have only been out once since the snow conditions here are terrible. But, with the crappy conditions I expected the sliders to stick for sure. I rode 70 miles that day and didn't feel them stick at all. I am pleased so far, but I guess they will be put to the real test later when we have enough snow to actually put on a good 300 mile day. I have no marginal wheel kit...don't think it would help all that much.

I am in the same boat, no marginal wheel kit, the most of my wear before was before the tip up wheel everywhere else was mint. Wating on snow too, booooourns! :jump:

Yup...thats where my sliders were burning off too. I bought some scratchers last winter and broke one off on the second ride. I was no impressed that I had to drag #*$&@ to prevent slider wear. Hop that these wheels solve the problem. Bring on the snow already!!

I'm not dragging poop....i am sure you now what i meant.....too funny. Did not realize that this site did not allow that type of fowl language.....Cr*p

That's what I was thinking .schmit bro has you mount them right by the front inboard wheels .my brother in law did it and all the wear was at the curve so I started lookin and if you put them were yam wants them I thing the front arm will hit them . Will try with out first

use the marginal wheel kit and port yamaha kit for an extra set of "optional" wheels per the fische. 3200mi and still good hifax.

This year I'm using one of these contraptions to save wear-n-tear on my hyfax. It looks like I'll get the whole season on a set.

Attachments

• Sled Lift.jpg
    Sled Lift.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 77
arteeex said:
This year I'm using one of these contraptions to save wear-n-tear on my hyfax. It looks like I'll get the whole season on a set.

No fair, you stole my method! :o|

I'm more worried about the spider webs choking off my tunnel!

Back