• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hygear Dual pressure

GRIZZSTER

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex SE
I installed the hygear dual pressure on my fox floats. I took the sled out twice and after sitting for a couple weeks all the air is out of them. I am wondering how anyone might have installed theirs.. Should I use plumbers tape on the threads to make better seal? Before this happened I increased the height pressure from 65 to 70. When I took off the cap I did hear a small shot of air come out.. I don't think that this should happen. Any ideas?

They test them by submerging them in water to check for leaks, try spraying some soapy water on them to see where there leaking once pumped up. hope this helps

As 20/80 said sub merge in water and you'll see bubbles where its leaking.

They test them by submerging them in water to check for leaks, try spraying some soapy water on them to see where there leaking once pumped up. hope this helps
Thank you.. I took them off and back on again.. Pretty sure sled will be flat on the floor again. No leaks before I put them on and now both sides leak.. Seems a bit odd to me that both are doing the same thing.

I installed the hygear dual pressure on my fox floats. I took the sled out twice and after sitting for a couple weeks all the air is out of them. I am wondering how anyone might have installed theirs.. Should I use plumbers tape on the threads to make better seal? Before this happened I increased the height pressure from 65 to 70. When I took off the cap I did hear a small shot of air come out.. I don't think that this should happen. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220219-204744_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220219-204744_Samsung Internet.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 64
I just happened to notice this on Hygear. It says up to a couple hundred pumps in the bottoming side of dual pressure. Is this correct? I'm lucky to put 40 pumps in and that brings it up to above 150lbs. Maybe 20 pumps.on ride height.. How many pumps approximately do you guys put in.

Back