• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I am throwing in the towel!

Regular maintenance? Are you sh*%$ing me? This thing had half the aforementioned issues right out of the crate! I ride with three xtx's, a phazer, and my RTX. We all break parts. That phazer has the worst steering linkage I have every seen on ANY piece of equipment I've ran. 44 Massey tractors included. Nytro has such a rockin' engine and they put that piss poor steering on it...Talk about unpredictable...We race hard on trails. My buddy has an old MXZ that I can wax every time on trail racing with the SRX. I have a hard time now with this thing. Terribly unpredictable. #$%&*

enticeraised said:
44 Massey tractors included.
Ah nostalgia... http://www.snowgoer.com/output.cfm?id=1836469

I know you probably didn't mean the Massey sled but it brought back memories for this old guy of not only the sled but all of the maintenance required for sleds of that era.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress. :flag:

lol

how can you compare a nytro to a SRX??
SRX is practically a ice track oval sled stock. LOW AS $HHT with 7" of travel with a sick motor....
Nytro has 13" of suspension and 12" of clearance at the belly pan, verses 7" on my srx.
I'll figure out how to ride my nytro, versus blow out my back on the srx...i'm so glad i sold it!
(not to mention good bye 2 stroke oil!!)

I mean if you think yami's are so bad....you could always try a polaris!!
you'll come running back to yami so quick!!! lol....maybe that new RUSH sled is for you...

enticeraised said:
My buddy has an old MXZ that I can wax every time on trail racing with the SRX. I have a hard time now with this thing. Terribly unpredictable. #$%&*

Comparing a Nytro to an SRX on twisty trails is not even close to fair... You would have the exact opposite outcome by comparing them in the ditch...

The SRX is arguably the best handling trail sled ever! (in my opinion)

You could solve all these problems if you just built your own sled. Can't be that hard.

A little welding. A little machining. A few pop rivets and shazzam! You've got yourself a new indestructible sled.

An FX Terminator 3000.

If your going to drive it like you stole it or trying to be a sno cross racer you should know there will always be exra :die money sunk into a sled.

What arteeex said...Doesn't seem like you'll be happy with anything at this point.

nytro addict said:
If your going to drive it like you stole it or trying to be a sno cross racer you should know there will always be exra :die money sunk into a sled.

X2 ;)!

You want to drive it hard expect to maintain it alot more then the usual maintenace is required. Every factory sno-x teams tears the sled right apart for the next weekend and changes parts even if they don't look like they need it. Launching a sled majorly into the air constantly will bring the maintenace to almost daily. Your kidding yourself, if you think the DOO's, POO's and CAT's won't have the same issues... IMO, I think it's the way you drive it and the way you take care of it. You said in an earlier post that you had your dealer warranty a blown Turbo/Supercharged motor, but would not do yours. Why is that?

Snoxracer242 said:
Man I give up, everytime I turn around this Nytro is giving me fits. Nice way of saying this f#$&ing thing keeps falling a part. I guess after 2 years on a this sled its time for me to get rid of the Nytro. It just keeps breaking down and has become a unreliable sled for me.

And yes I know that I ride this sled harder than most and abuse it in the rough stuff, but isn't that what this sled was designed for? I know now that I can not own a Yamaha for more than 2 riding seasons, or things will fall apart.

Just to night it was starting to bog a little, so I thought I go out in the field and do some runs, change belts and see whats going on. Well after a few passes the exhaust started getting louder, so I pulled it into the shop to inspect. Removed the seat, tank and found the exhaust broken where a three pipes come together and then one of the bellows is broken all the way around by the head. So once again I am back to wrenching on the Yamahamer.

So is Yamaha coming out with a lighter, faster, 2011 Nytro? Or am I going to have to try out that 800 E-TEC?

Go get your e-tec and be the first ginney pig, waiting to put a set of motors in it, by the end of the first season. YOu will out all season because the parts will be on back order..

SledFreak said:
Snoxracer242 said:
Man I give up, everytime I turn around this Nytro is giving me fits. Nice way of saying this f#$&ing thing keeps falling a part. I guess after 2 years on a this sled its time for me to get rid of the Nytro. It just keeps breaking down and has become a unreliable sled for me.

And yes I know that I ride this sled harder than most and abuse it in the rough stuff, but isn't that what this sled was designed for? I know now that I can not own a Yamaha for more than 2 riding seasons, or things will fall apart.

Just to night it was starting to bog a little, so I thought I go out in the field and do some runs, change belts and see whats going on. Well after a few passes the exhaust started getting louder, so I pulled it into the shop to inspect. Removed the seat, tank and found the exhaust broken where a three pipes come together and then one of the bellows is broken all the way around by the head. So once again I am back to wrenching on the Yamahamer.

So is Yamaha coming out with a lighter, faster, 2011 Nytro? Or am I going to have to try out that 800 E-TEC?

Go get your e-tec and be the first ginney pig, waiting to put a set of motors in it, by the end of the first season. YOu will out all season because the parts will be on back order..

;)!

Im riding a doo after my 08 nytro and not looking back, I had most of your issues in 08 and jumped ship back to doo after a couple seasons on a boosted apex and boosted nytro bought an XP half way though the season and ended my misery.

They all have there ups and they all have there downs. In the end it just comes down to (if you snowmobile it going to cost you money).

:4STroke: :yam:

TurboJamie said:
Im riding a doo after my 08 nytro and not looking back, I had most of your issues in 08 and jumped ship back to doo after a couple seasons on a boosted apex and boosted nytro bought an XP half way though the season and ended my misery.

you are misery...

Snowman07 said:
I'm just not buying into anything your saying. I have had my Nytro since December 2007 and at this present time I have 5700 miles on it. I have yet to blow a belt or break a torsion spring (normal breakage on other brand of sleds) Everything is original accept ball joints and subframe which I bent myself when I hit a 300 lb rock. Your thinking I'm not riding my Nytro hard enough huh?? Where I do majority of my riding, we see 3' moguls all the time. I ride my Nytro hard everywhere I go, unless I'm riding with my family. Just can't understand how my Nytro is holding up to my abusive ways and yours is failing like your stating.
I couldn't agree more!

Back