• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I REALLY don't get it.

drifter

Extreme
Everyone wants:

More technology
More horsepower
More traction
Better handling
New this
New that

Yet when a company delivers, it's not good enough, or too expensive. REALLY? Do these things come free or do you get money back if you add them? No. Yet people cry FOUL!

You say "not in this economy". REALLY? How do think the manufacturers are fairing in "this" economy? Sales are down 35%-50% in the industry. Lower sales mean lower earnings. So price increases, especially for new technology are unavoidable.

When you compare the two Apex's side by side, there is no comparison. More changed than just adding power steering. You have, without question, the most technologically advance snowmobile in the world...bar none.

Plus, when you compare a 2011 Apex to a 2010 Arctic Cat Z1 turbo, there is less than a $500 difference. With the performance improvements, 10% torque, 5% horsepower and the tech imporvements, exup variable exhaust, more aggressive skis, EPS, just to name a few, you have nearly 160 normally aspirated horsepower in a sled that previously did respectably well aganst the 170hp Z1 in performance, yet handled much better. Now with all the improvements, the bar has been raised even further. I would rather have no turbo in the same hp range personally. Plus with the handling improvements, this sled is the premium sled in it's class. Technology comes with a price.

Alot of the blame also lies on the U.S. Government. This global warming scam has cost the American tax payer billions of wasted dollars. That is reflected in what you pay for every consumable and non-consumable product, including your snowmobile.

A half ton pickup for $40 grand??? REALLY?

drifter said:
Everyone wants:

More technology
More horsepower
More traction
Better handling
New this
New that

Yet when a company delivers, it's not good enough, or too expensive. REALLY? Do these things come free or do you get money back if you add them? No. Yet people cry FOUL!

You say "not in this economy". REALLY? How do think the manufacturers are fairing in "this" economy? Sales are down 35%-50% in the industry. Lower sales mean lower earnings. So price increases, especially for new technology are unavoidable.

When you compare the two Apex's side by side, there is no comparison. More changed than just adding power steering. You have, without question, the most technologically advance snowmobile in the world...bar none.

Plus, when you compare a 2011 Apex to a 2010 Arctic Cat Z1 turbo, there is less than a $500 difference. With the performance improvements, 10% torque, 5% horsepower and the tech imporvements, exup variable exhaust, more aggressive skis, EPS, just to name a few, you have nearly 160 normally aspirated horsepower in a sled that previously did respectably well aganst the 170hp Z1 in performance, yet handled much better. Now with all the improvements, the bar has been raised even further. I would rather have no turbo in the same hp range personally. Plus with the handling improvements, this sled is the premium sled in it's class. Technology comes with a price.

Alot of the blame also lies on the U.S. Government. This global warming scam has cost the American tax payer billions of wasted dollars. That is reflected in what you pay for every consumable and non-consumable product, including your snowmobile.

it's the first day, everyone is blowing a gasket and venting, it will simmer down in a couple of days

drifter said:
Everyone wants:

More technology
More horsepower
More traction
Better handling
New this
New that

NAILED IT!!!

I know, it happens every year. I am a dealer and the new sled has the phone ringing off the hook! No one has even brought up the price.

Yes and YES!!

It's the same thing EVERY year...Funny how many guys said they were leaving when the Apex wasn't a big enough step from the RX and yet I see more Yamaha's then ever before. Same with the Nytro...remember everyone crying about the XTX how it was only a long track and nothing else...hmmm.

Anywho...this sled (at least for me) is a home run. It's going to make the Apex chassis much more versitile and appeal to many more riders. This sled is more than the sum of it's parts...ride one and judge.

I think what most people are made about is that this model has been around since 06 and it took yamaha this long to fix the problems. What i am most disapointed about is that after four years that the nytro has been out the company has done nothing to address the weak subframe. How can the company not know that there is a problem. To me the quality of the product has come down and the price has gone up. Look at the balljoints and bushings of the nytro. How can a company continue to use the same low quaility parts and expect costumers to come back. I will be buying a new sled in a year or two and it will not be a Yamaha. Not untill they can improve the quality of their product I am going to stay away

drifter said:
Everyone wants:

More technology
More horsepower
More traction
Better handling
New this
New that

Great write up Drifter! I live near Duluth. Where is your dealership?

Got to hand it to yamaha,it has alot more features than i was expecting.You couldn,t put those features on a Nytro type sled,won,t make sense(new apex is the pinnacle of what a hyper-sled should be).

mntvipermn said:
drifter said:
Everyone wants:

More technology
More horsepower
More traction
Better handling
New this
New that

Great write up Drifter! I live near Duluth. Where is your dealership?

Bee Line Yamaha in St Cloud.

drifter said:
Everyone wants:

More technology
More horsepower
More traction
Better handling
New this
New that

The only sensible post I've seen so far today!! Thanks man ;)!

You complain about a $15,000 price for a brand new sled. This thing will probably come in at approx NOK 170,000 in Norway, which equals approx $28,000 with todays exchange rate. So stop whining!! :moon: :tg:

Nice post... I have to agree as well, since it will cost me another four grand to have it shipped up north.. $21K.. LOL.. Guess I will need to slave away for six months just to pay for it...Hmmm .>Apex XTX<

RX-E

$15,000 for 2months of riding is a steep price. I said next year they will be down to $8500 and then everyone will start buying them and they will be a hit. This sled isn't $6000 better than the 2010 Apex.

I will say thats the best write up I have seen yet. Great job Drifter. I will say try to remember just 10 years ago..We all said I'll never pay 10 grand for a sled. I will say one thing if your one of those who can wait a little while you will get it at a reduced rate. Remember all those 2 grand rebates and incentives... The other three normally wait till the end of season and with all the excitement there will be a demand for these sleds. I for one like to buy a sled every three to four years or so. The only time I didn't was from my 05 RX1 to my 06 apex RTX. And I for one think those two sleds were night and day as far as ride and smoothness I for one would still have my 06 RTX if I didn't total it and now have a 09 LTX but love this sled more than the RTX maybe in a few years I'll get on of the 2011s unless I total my LTX LOL hope not One good thing about price our current Apexes just increased in value...

Back