• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ice Scratchers for 2015 Venture MP

ROBERT CHALUT

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Venture MP
I am looking for recommendations for ice scratchers and location on the snowmobile of ice scratchers on my 2015 Venture MP

Well I have had these

https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/produc...skrachrzz-reverse-ski-scratcher-plug-and-play

on my 2015 Venture MP for four years now and the only issue I have had is losing the little cover that goes over the mounting post when the scratchers are not attached. They work well and they only take a minute to put on and take off. You do not have to take them off, just rotate 90 degree on the mount post when not needed. But I like to take them off and store in a bag with my other gear when not needed.

Well I have had these

https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/produc...skrachrzz-reverse-ski-scratcher-plug-and-play

on my 2015 Venture MP for four years now and the only issue I have had is losing the little cover that goes over the mounting post when the scratchers are not attached. They work well and they only take a minute to put on and take off. You do not have to take them off, just rotate 90 degree on the mount post when not needed. But I like to take them off and store in a bag with my other gear when not needed.
Thanks for the info. These are installed inside of each ski if I understand well. Are they efficient? Do you get lots of ice/snow being thrown towards the track and sliders?

I had Trail Blizzer scratches installed last year on my 2015 sled,there monuted just behind the big bogey wheel. They really throw snow and helped my slides tremendously.

Robert Chalut, Do you have a picture of those mounted on your sled? How/where do they go?

Somehow your message did not come through
Well I do not have any pictures but they install easily. They come with a small square tube steel bracket (post) that mounts to the rib on the ski just behind the ski mount and then the actual scratcher simply slides over that post and a spring clip keeps them in place. The post stays mounted on the ski and then the scratcher can either be removed or rotated 90 degrees for storage when not in use. I remove mine and keep them in my storage bag on the back when no using, but rotating works as well. As I have said, the only issue I have had with them is losing the little rubber covers that fit over the posts when the scratchers are removed. You can easily adjust the angle on the scratcher for more or less contact by simply removing a small pin and change the angle and re-install the pin. I played with mine at first, but quickly found the angle that gives all round performance for me and they have stayed there ever since.

Well I do not have any pictures but they install easily. They come with a small square tube steel bracket (post) that mounts to the rib on the ski just behind the ski mount and then the actual scratcher simply slides over that post and a spring clip keeps them in place. The post stays mounted on the ski and then the scratcher can either be removed or rotated 90 degrees for storage when not in use. I remove mine and keep them in my storage bag on the back when no using, but rotating works as well. As I have said, the only issue I have had with them is losing the little rubber covers that fit over the posts when the scratchers are removed. You can easily adjust the angle on the scratcher for more or less contact by simply removing a small pin and change the angle and re-install the pin. I played with mine at first, but quickly found the angle that gives all round performance for me and they have stayed there ever since.
thanks provfisherman funny I just installed them today I bought the TRAIL model after figuring out that the difference between the MOUNTAIN and TRAIL model is because the MOUNTAIN skis are wider the bracket has to extend further toward the centre of the two skis and is therefore longer other than that there is no difference. Also found out that TSC ( sorry it's now called Peavey ) sells a tine which is identical to the scratcher we have for $6. CDN all you have to do is drill 2 small holes for the small pin. Thanks a whole lot for your help. Happy sledding.

thanks provfisherman funny I just installed them today I bought the TRAIL model after figuring out that the difference between the MOUNTAIN and TRAIL model is because the MOUNTAIN skis are wider the bracket has to extend further toward the centre of the two skis and is therefore longer other than that there is no difference. Also found out that TSC ( sorry it's now called Peavey ) sells a tine which is identical to the scratcher we have for $6. CDN all you have to do is drill 2 small holes for the small pin. Thanks a whole lot for your help. Happy sledding.
Yep, already got those Peavymart tynes and drilled the holes and tested them two years ago. Work like factory (which likely sourced from the same place). Don't have to use mine very often so I have not worm a set out yet, but I am sure it will happen. Enjoy the rest of your season.

Oh yeah, one last thing, make sure you check the mounting post bolts after the first use because the post tends to work into the ski rib a little, but then settles down after a use or two.

Oh yeah, one last thing, make sure you check the mounting post bolts after the first use because the post tends to work into the ski rib a little, but then settles down after a use or two.
Will check them for sure Thanks

Back