• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Idle issues running rich

04rxwarrior06

Veteran
I just got a 03 rx1 with a bender exhaust and goodwin clutch kit, it does not have an air box mod but thinking it may help? when you let off the throttle the revs come town but it sits high for a few seconds,. not enough to engage the clutch but about 600 more then it should be. then it comes back down to an idle. also, at low rpm's cruising it pops just a little but hit the throttle its right there no hesitation. also noticed when i first started it up fuel came out the overflow on 1+2 carbs from clutch side..... any sugestions? changed plugs number 2 cyl was fowled everything else was a nice crisp light brown. is the jetting off or springs? do i need to lean it out a little? when you shut it down you can here a few light pops from the exhaust.

typically a hanging idle can mean slightly lean in the idle circut or also your carbs may need to be synced. You could try and open the pms screws a tad- 1/4 turn to start. With the aftermarket exhaust it maybe just a bit lean. Brian...

after tearing into it and thinking about it, would the high idle switch that stays on when its cold and comes off when it warms up to temp be sticking? i know it doesnt work because when the light goes off the idle stays the same.

Golden brown is where you want them to look like its not running rich just clean your carbs .set pilot screw two turns out from seated position .put new plugs in it set rpms at 1500 should be good to go fouled plug is most likely from starting it for short periods of time over summer

found that whoever had carbs off before didnt have an intake boot on quite right, same one the plug was fouled on. theres part of my problem. thinking about doing the air box mod while i have it apart. should i run the 10's instead of the 9's? wouldnt you want to run a hotter plug? sled dog on his air box mod post says to run the 10's.

Back