• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installed the BOP Snow free intercooler guard.

I just made another modification. I added the grill to the back side just incase there is flying ice marbles.

Drilled out two rivets, added two 1" long rivets with washers.

IMG_1839.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG

I know this is an old thread.. but any update on how the fans worked on the intercooler? thinking about a setup like this for my mountain application on my MTX.
They did/do a decent job at low trail speeds to bring the temps back down when slow cruising and there isnt much air flow to help cool the temps. You could watch a few degrees comes off the temps. Nothing huge or remarkable but there was a change in that scenario. At any sustained speeds they didnt seem to have much effect. Which isnt very surprising because the air speed and volume going through them at speed is then much greater than the fans produce. The most effective I had personally found them was running them for a bit after u had shut the sled off after a few races across the lake or between friendly races etc when at a complete standstill. Helped with the heat soak. Im not sure how the setup would work in a mountain application.

I installed my Gen 1 BOP IC to look more like a Gen 2. See the install here #426
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/kingers-boosted-garage.82795/page-29

Final look. I like the FULL IC is exposed, I can seal out around the edges, and there no ledge. Not crazy about lower corners but it works.

View attachment 157658

Just curious Kinger are you a off trail guy?
I never had any ice build up issues with my intercooler when trail riding!!!
Even riding last in the pack with all the snow dust myself and other have had 0 issues

Me neither on trail rider but never had ice buildup on my Tcat.

I bought a 12"x12" mo flo ventilation screen sheet. Used the stock nose cone and between that and the plastic guard before the intercooler I have retained the stock look and eliminated the freeze up issue. The snow hits the screen and stays far enough away to not be close enough to the heat to the intercooler. The cat nose might have been the next option but of the three options the stock one imo looks the best.

I cut away some of the plastic cross bracing on the guard. Cut a piece of frog skin and used 3m spay adhesive and glued it to the part behind the guard. looks like expanded metal only plastic. Works great and have about $15 into it. And still looks good with the guard in place.

Back