• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installed the BOP Snow free intercooler guard.

My problem with these frogskin type screens is they do NOT flow very well.

So I just grabbed a cat nose vent for certain days if/when snow is really deep and wet and piles up alot on stocker. Switch over quite fast and completely reversible back to stocker.

I agree, plus if the Cat grill still plugs up, its real easy to just hot glue some frogskin material on the Cat grill outside edges and get what I think will be less blockage and less snow buildup like dieselxtx did on his which has proven itself. It also looks to flow better with more square inches of frogskin fabric on the entire molded Cat grill as well.

Here is a pic of his setup.

img_0540-jpg.126365

img_0559-jpg.126706

Last edited:

I bought Travis guard, its a very well built unit, and it fits perfectly.

I added my own twist, I didn't like the naked look without the shroud so i hacked up the factory one to allow travis great creation to complement the stock setup.

Let me know what ya think!!

View attachment 132752 View attachment 132753 View attachment 132754 View attachment 132755 View attachment 132756 View attachment 132757 View attachment 132758 View attachment 132759 View attachment 132760 View attachment 132761 View attachment 132762 View attachment 132763 View attachment 132764
Looks AWESOME!

I think I'm going to do the same thing I did last season with the intercooler guard.;)!

Looks good! Glad you shared as there are a few others that wanted to try and put the stock nose cone on.

In addition to doing away with the shelf, part of my logic for doing away with the stock nose cone is to expose the entire intercooler to snow dust. If the ends are exposed to snow and direct air flow, the intercooler will be more effective at dissipating heat. Melting snow is even more efficient at dissipating heat than air.

My guard also opens up the door for the addition of an intercooler fan. The guard provides clearance for the cooler to be rolled front and create some more room to work with on the backside for a fan. I will be testing fans this winter.

In addition I have a coolant radiator and fan set up that will not fit under the hood unless I roll intercooler forward a bit. If I decide to market these kits I needed a solution to get the intercooler forward a bit.

As you can see there's a lot of motive behind why I even created the guard. I have no issue with the cat grill and frogzskin. Its a very cost effective solution to plugged up grill. If all I was concerned about was snow build up, then I would have scratched this product long ago as there's no need to compete with the cat grill set up.

Looks good! Glad you shared as there are a few others that wanted to try and put the stock nose cone on.

In addition to doing away with the shelf, part of my logic for doing away with the stock nose cone is to expose the entire intercooler to snow dust. If the ends are exposed to snow and direct air flow, the intercooler will be more effective at dissipating heat. Melting snow is even more efficient at dissipating heat than air.

My guard also opens up the door for the addition of an intercooler fan. The guard provides clearance for the cooler to be rolled front and create some more room to work with on the backside for a fan. I will be testing fans this winter.

In addition I have a coolant radiator and fan set up that will not fit under the hood unless I roll intercooler forward a bit. If I decide to market these kits I needed a solution to get the intercooler forward a bit.

As you can see there's a lot of motive behind why I even created the guard. I have no issue with the cat grill and frogzskin. Its a very cost effective solution to plugged up grill. If all I was concerned about was snow build up, then I would have scratched this product long ago as there's no need to compete with the cat grill set up.

Fan for the innercooler and a radiator with fan (Have an apex radiator that I picked up with fan I was going to try)
Now your talkin!!!

I agree, plus if the Cat grill still plugs up, its real easy to just hot glue some frogskin material on the Cat grill outside edges and get what I think will be less blockage and less snow buildup like dieselxtx did on his which has proven itself. It also looks to flow better with more square inches of frogskin fabric on the entire molded Cat grill as well.

Here is a pic of his setup.

img_0540-jpg.126365

img_0559-jpg.126706

Like it...how did you secure the frog skin? pics?

Fans behind the intercooler defintely work, I have a custom intercooler on my Sidewinder with dual electric draw through fans behind it. Works good on the warmer spring days and days with groups that don't move as fast as id like to be going. Datalogging shows a definite improvement. Nothing huge but they work!

Fans behind the intercooler defintely work, I have a custom intercooler on my Sidewinder with dual electric draw through fans behind it. Works good on the warmer spring days and days with groups that don't move as fast as id like to be going. Datalogging shows a definite improvement. Nothing huge but they work!

Good to hear. Do the fans run all the time? Can you post some pics of your set up?

They are wired to a rocker switch I have on the dash, I'll post a picture of the setup. Builder is no longer a site vendor so the picture is just of my setup. Not pushing their product or trying to start any unneeded drama over it.

Last edited:
Correct SJ, I sourced the rocker switch from Amazon I believe, They come in multiple back lit colors so any sled could be matched. I put it in the factory heated seat hole. Moved the heat seat switch down and center on the console and then to go right of that equal to the fans switch in position I have another back lit rocker switch that turns on and off my powermadd led handgaurds. Trying to go for a factory like appearance on the build
I also just got Travis's barn of parts intercooler guard on Saturday so I'll be installing that this weekend. Great product as always from Travis!

Got my guard yesterday...thanks Travis!

I bought Travis guard, its a very well built unit, and it fits perfectly.

I added my own twist, I didn't like the naked look without the shroud so i hacked up the factory one to allow travis great creation to complement the stock setup.

Let me know what ya think!!

View attachment 132752 View attachment 132753 View attachment 132754 View attachment 132755 View attachment 132756 View attachment 132757 View attachment 132758 View attachment 132759 View attachment 132760 View attachment 132761 View attachment 132762 View attachment 132763 View attachment 132764

I copied you silverram

Thanks again @hibshman25

20171130_200911.jpg

Back